For Sale Beautiful 1971 Chrysler New Yorker 440 A/T Lemon Twist A/C Fuel Injection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you like the injection system?
I really like it. It's nice to not deal with a choke and the good ole Chrysler hot soak cranking forever to get it to start. You barely touch the key hot or cold and it starts right up. I only thing I didn't really like was I only got about 2 miles more per gallon.

OK, I know I'm going to piss many of you off here, but something came to my mind the minute I saw the engine bay - and I'm mad at myself for thinking it. But the words of many of my A, B, and E body friends from Bakersfield would have said when seeing this, "Nice motor, wrong car." It's... a... New Yorker. Nice car, but....
I feel the same way. I'm a big fan of factory appearance items in a C, perhaps even moreso in a fusey. I like aftermarket heads, cams, EFI, etc, but want it hidden under turquoise paint and a factory air cleaner. With that said, I'm not saying it needs to be correct-for-the-car pieces, either. I would like this one much better with the silver and red colors gone, replaced by black and turquoise, and the headers could stay. Just my personal taste (and this car is nicer than anything I own).

Hmm, chrome p/s pump. Chrome a/c compressor. Yawn...

I don't know about others but for me the more the car is modified the less it is worth. However, I am sure the owner thinks there is a $1 for $1 return on his mods. Some people just shouldn't try to "restore" cars.

I know this is going to piss some people off, but, some people build their cars for their enjoyment and their own approval not yours.

My question is where did the serpentine system come from? or how was it sourced?

I know this is going to piss some people off, but, some people build their cars for their enjoyment and their own approval not yours.

He is selling it so it no longer matters what he likes but rather what the paying public likes. Therefore I would say his market decreases as those, like me, won't bother to pay for his mods.

Now I have modified the engine of my Cougar back in 1975. However, I kept the original intake, the original exhaust manifolds, the original carb, the original camshaft, the original rockers, and the tough to find original air cleaner with decal. Mind you this was back in 1975 when people just dumped that stuff.

Now he says he has all the original parts which is good. Then if I were interested I would say take off the $1800 fuel injection system, to start, and put back the original system dropping the price accordingly. I'd lay odds that would be a no go with him and so it would be with me as I don't want those parts.

Last edited:
No wonder most of C-bodys ends into EU are. Omg it doesnt have oem spark plugs etc. Least at Finland people would pay extra to have FI, Sanden style ac etc.
It would be totally boooring if all cars would look like, when they rolled out factory.
Wouldnt surprise if that car ends into EU :)

I love the car, I love that things were done to it, I love that the original parts were kept with it and I love that this car was cared for and enjoyed to this day. Go find another.

No wonder most of C-bodys ends into EU are. Omg it doesnt have oem spark plugs etc. Least at Finland people would pay extra to have FI, Sanden style ac etc.
It would be totally boooring if all cars would look like, when they rolled out factory.
Wouldnt surprise if that car ends into EU :)

I doubt it. As other members from the EU have explained, modifying the car from stock eliminates the ability to register it as "historic", so the registration becomes very expensive (triggers a bunch of extra-cost taxation items).

And for the record, people can do whatever they like with a car. And people are free to think it looks silly.
sEzsZ.png

I doubt it. As other members from the EU have explained, modifying the car from stock eliminates the ability to register it as "historic", so the registration becomes very expensive (triggers a bunch of extra-cost taxation items).

And for the record, people can do whatever they like with a car. And people are free to think it looks silly.

What effect does them NOT having original paint have on these costs you speak of?

Might be onto something here LOL

What effect does them NOT having original paint have on these costs you speak of?

Might be onto something here LOL

Mechanical modifications. Based on the idea of increased emissions or other such nonsense I imagine.

I feel the same way. I'm a big fan of factory appearance items in a C, perhaps even moreso in a fusey. I like aftermarket heads, cams, EFI, etc, but want it hidden under turquoise paint and a factory air cleaner. With that said, I'm not saying it needs to be correct-for-the-car pieces, either. I would like this one much better with the silver and red colors gone, replaced by black and turquoise, and the headers could stay. Just my personal taste (and this car is nicer than anything I own).
I am not a "factory stock" guy, in fact, I find that presentation boring. I like modifications, I have a number on mine. It just that to me that motor, in a New Yorker, is out of place. My thinking would not be the same if this were a Newport. It's not logical, but it's what strikes me when I look at this car. I'd think the same if this were an Imperial.

As for those arguing about the EFI, I would LOVE to have that on my 440!

Mechanical modifications. Based on the idea of increased emissions or other such nonsense I imagine.
It goes deeper than that! I have a buddy in Sweden with a 65 300. I told him my cockamamie scheme about putting my spare set of buckets in the rear of my 300L, similar to the 60-62 Letters. He liked the idea, but to do it to his car would involve a bunch of re-cert hassles due to changing the car from a 5-passenger to a 4-passenger.

Have it for it's outrageousness. That's fine.
Just don't expect to be taken seriously about it.

ASMHIK

I am not a "factory stock" guy, in fact, I find that presentation boring. I like modifications, I have a number on mine. It just that to me that motor, in a New Yorker, is out of place. My thinking would not be the same if this were a Newport. It's not logical, but it's what strikes me when I look at this car. I'd think the same if this were an Imperial.

As for those arguing about the EFI, I would LOVE to have that on my 440!

I find it interesting that so many people find original cars "boring". I find cars like this somewhat interesting (adding EFI to a 440 isn't that common). It isn't easy to make these old cars run well as originally equipped, but it can be done with stock parts. With a lot of these modified vehicles, they never seem to run well despite all the "upgrades" done to them (headers, performance camshaft, electronic ignition, Edelbrock carb and intake, flowmaster exhaust, etc.(yawn). With the Edelbrock carburetors, for example, they omit the bowl vents, which in high temperatures sure doesn't help hot restarts. And so many of these "upgraded" cars don't even have the throttle or transmission kickdown link adjusted correctly, so performance suffers. It is so rare to find a really original, well done vehicle anymore. I am so bored with all the "genius" upgrades out there.

This is a T code standard 440, not the available 440 HP engine (U code). So you believe it should have a 383?? New Yorkers were usually well loaded cars, so there is nothing out of place in having the available HP engine in this model to me. Mine has it as well as the tunnel mounted cassette player and sun roof, as one example. If anything, the high impact color might be viewed as inappropriate in a New Yorker, but a real 440HP engine would be proper to me.

Last edited:
Hmmm, not really a fan of the color on this one. I wonder what the original owner was thinking when they ordered it. I like and am more interested in the modern engine upgrades like the belt kit an fuel injection. Are these bolt on items?
For serpentine belt kit i would use this. A lot cheaper than others and its true serpentine kit. Many "serpentine kits" just replace v-belts with ribbed belts. Easy to get alternator, ps etc parts.
new release big block serpentine belt conversion kit | Moparts Hot Deals & New Products | Moparts Forums

I find it interesting that so many people find original cars "boring". I find cars like this somewhat interesting (adding EFI to a 440 isn't that common). It isn't easy to make these old cars run well as originally equipped, but it can be done with stock parts. With a lot of these modified vehicles, they never seem to run well despite all the "upgrades" done to them (headers, performance camshaft, electronic ignition, Edelbrock carb and intake, flowmaster exhaust, etc.(yawn). With the Edelbrock carburetors, for example, they omit the bowl vents, which in high temperatures sure doesn't help hot restarts. And so many of these "upgraded" cars don't even have the throttle or transmission kickdown link adjusted correctly, so performance suffers. It is so rare to find a really original, well done vehicle anymore. I am so bored with all the "genius" upgrades out there.

This is a T code standard 440, not the available 440 HP engine (U code). So you believe it should have a 383?? New Yorkers were usually well loaded cars, so there is nothing out of place in having the available HP engine in this model to me. Mine has it as well as the tunnel mounted cassette player and sun roof, as one example. If anything, the high impact color might be viewed as inappropriate in a New Yorker, but a real 440HP engine would be proper to me.

I agree with what you posted, but I'll take it even a step further and say that I don't have a problem with taking performance up a notch... IF you know what your doing. These are the guys on the cutting edge and we share a like-minded approach to modifications.

F.A.S.T. - Factory Appearing Stock Tire - Home -

No matter how you look at them, F.A.S.T. cars appear showroom stock, including the body, interior, engine and all its external components & manifolds, even the wheels and original 1960's style skinny bias ply tires. As a matter of fact, F.A.S.T cars place very well at shows for "restored" cars. But get a group of them on the drag strip, and LOOK OUT! You will see F.A.S.T. cars covering the 1/4 mile in 13, 12, 11, 10 and some even in the 9 second range, with the fastest cars posting trap speeds well over 130 MPH! You see, F.A.S.T. cars may look and sound stock, but internal engine modifications are not restricted.

(Personally, I don't even care that much about tires. They're a consumable, like gas and oil. Plus I'm way too cheap to shell out $300 for a good performance tire that looks like it's from 1970, but more power to these guys if they want 'em.)

Dave Dudek
1969 HEMI Roadrunner
9.98 @ 139 MPH

I also think it's pretty cool that GM/Ford/Mopar are all pretty well represented. Not because of "regulation", but because the owners are so passionate about eeking the most from their cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back