Body side mould clips 66 Newport conv

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricycle c

Reaction score
Contact seller
Can't leave well enough alone..redoing someone elses version of a fix I found on my 66 Newport and need the plastic molding clips for the top fender moldings. Have some from Murray but not enough of the one's with threaded stud. Checked Mr.G's close on the plastic but not same ...anybody have a direction?

Here are pics of the clips in question:

P/N 6001667:

The small plug is inserted in the center of the clip, expanding the feet on the underside, securing it to the sheet metal. The clip is not reproduced, but Mr. G's has the plugs. These can be extracted from a donor car by tapping the plug through the clip with a screwdriver and carefully prying up on the clip with a small flat head taking care to not damage the feet.

P/N 6001753:

The aren't reproduced either. I was lucky enough to source enough NOS pieces for my restoration and a few replacements should I need them. These are generally installed on the molding where there is access to the nut, i.e. rear quarter truck compartment and front fender engine bay. These are generally ruined when someone forces the trim piece off without removing the nut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back