Drum/HUB assembly

PlymouthFury3

Reaction score
Hi, this may be a stupid question but I just want to make sure. I was doing work on my passenger side brakes, then I decided to check the driver side. When I took off the spindle nut the drum/hub came off in two different pieces. I know the other side was one piece. Will this affect anything? Or do I need a new drum/hub assembly? Thanks

IMG_20160531_171930764_HDR.jpg

Normally it shouldn't do this....

But....

I found this out a month ago.... It seems Napa was selling a replacement brake drum for Mopars that didn't come with a hub and they were a slip fit on the old hub rather than the press fit we've all seen.

Before I found that out, I'd be telling you that the drum was screwed up etc.

I don't know if they have been changed or not but the drums on the sporty were a slip fit, I just had them off a couple of weeks ago to change the wheel cylinders.

The wheel lugs will hold it all together nicely. Very important that you put indexing marks on the front so it goes back together in the correct orientation. It has wear matched in that position, moving it to another could cause a brake pulsation or even a lock up. The notch on the hub gives a nice witness mark to go by... I just like things on the front where its easy to see

The wheel lugs will hold it all together nicely. Very important that you put indexing marks on the front so it goes back together in the correct orientation. It has wear matched in that position, moving it to another could cause a brake pulsation or even a lock up. The notch on the hub gives a nice witness mark to go by... I just like things on the front where its easy to see
Thank you!

Back