Expansion Valve Help Needed

I did an Ebay search on expansion valve tape and this looks more like what I used. PRESTITE AIR CONDTIONER INSULATION TAPE 2" WIDE (TACKY TAPE) EXPANSION VALVES | eBay
That tape would be a pretty standard A/C product... "asphalt tape" should identify it to anyone you ask.
Hallelujah!!! Third time is the winner. It came a day early from RA. First thing I did was pull it out and look it over. Here's a picture of the winner.
View attachment 130897

When I saw your post it was almost 6PM, by the time I would've gotten to your place it would've been too late, nearly 2 hours.

I had the energy(maybe more like excitement) when I was done mowing. The only things that need done are to install the suction line (I don't have a big enough wrench) and to affix the capillary tube from the expansion valve to the suction tube.

I've been striking out on the permagum locally, so I'm considering this stuff. What's your thoughts.
Gardner Bender 1 lb. Plug Duct Seal Compound-DS-110 - The Home Depot
View attachment 130898
Duct Seal came up when I search permagum on Amazon.

From the wide range of application it didn't seem like the permagum was a super fancy thing - even used on washing machines according to listings on ebay.
Will you be using a shop to pull vacuum and charge this system? If so, they should be happy to sell you the tape you need. If doing it yourself, vacuum the system for about an hour to assure it starts life dry.

That tape would be a pretty standard A/C product... "asphalt tape" should identify it to anyone you ask.

Will you be using a shop to pull vacuum and charge this system? If so, they should be happy to sell you the tape you need. If doing it yourself, vacuum the system for about an hour to assure it starts life dry.

I won't be charging it myself. I'm not sure who is going to do it yet, but I'll make sure that they pull a vacuum on it.

Back