GT seen

Looks better with the white trim and the correct wheels. I would have been happy with that one. Cool car.
Hopefully there is another one out there with my name on it.

Dave

I should have kept it a few more years and received three times what I sold it for back then if these are now $30K cars.

H

But then I still have my 1970 B7 blue SFGT unless Carsten wrests it from my tight hands................

you know how much I love it.
But I prefer shaking your hand when I buy it instead of wresting it from your hands.

Carsten

I should have kept it a few more years and received three times what I sold it for back then if these are now $30K cars.

Yeah, looks like you let it go a few years to soon. The market definitely turned at some point about five years ago

I prefer the 71s. Better interiors, better ride. I wouldnt kick a 70 out of the garage however

I can fully understand your reasons for preferring the 71. For me, though, having both of them side by side, I found that the 70 had a simplicity that was more desirable overall. The 70 grille is less complicated and clean to my eyes, the 70 doesn't have the somewhat garish rear bumper rubber protector all around it, the fender mounted turn signals were simpler on the hood mounted center of the 70 than those indicators on top the fenders of the 71 which were overly embellished to me. And I didn't honestly like the standard wheel covers (that were on my 71 at least - and which I could have switched to road wheels) as much as the road wheels.

However, you are so right, the interiors in the 71s were a big improvement over the 70 and I liked the torsion quiet ride of the 71, and the real 440HP engine. Somehow, the black 71 SFGT that sold for big bucks looked good to me, maybe because the black subdued most of the complexity of the ornamentation more, while my GB7 blue 71 with the white top and rear guard just highlighted them. So a 71 in black would almost equal a B7 blue 70 SFGT for me overall. And I do like the GB7 shade of blue on the 71 better than the B7 blue on the 70 since the updated color seemed a little brighter and interesting in and of itself.

Last edited:
you know how much I love it.
But I prefer shaking your hand when I buy it instead of wresting it from your hands.

Carsten

You know me well enough Carsten to know I am just kidding. :thumbsup: I really want you to have the car, but I am still struggling with letting it go yet. I think that once I can get going on my most favorite cars (the 70-71 300s and some of my Forward Look cars and know much better how long each one will take me) I will have a much better idea what to do. I am thinking a 70 - 71 300 will take about 6 months to do while a Forward Look one will take me twice that. My cars are generally not rusty and I have most of the parts lined up to do all of them. I just need some time now................ I am going to be out of the selling mode very shortly now.

Unless you can come up with something I will like as much as the 70 SFGT I have - then I would definitely let it go. Time will tell.

Last edited:
images

I think I want them all... Steve. Youve amassed one Hell of a collection that I would have put together if I was 20 years older with deeper pockets..:thumbsup:

Back