Here you go Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a time when Design Departments had the freedom and the budget to put detail into every little nuance of car design.
WITH REAL METAL. No plastics. A glorious era.
Now: Pfftttttt...

This never fails to blow me away. The use of three dimensional depth and convergance is unbelievable.

clear-d280f94f2cf726fc7e74f24adec63ee4.gif
Mopar-Dash-04.jpg
Looks like it something that belongs back in the dark ages.

The front end of the "Toro". Breathtaking.

Only thing I would change is to incorporate the amber turn signal lenses in to the two slits located directly above the headlight on each side covers, get them out of the chrome bumper so that it remains solid and unbroken.

TORO 01.jpg

TORO 03.jpg

TORO 04.jpg

TORO02.jpg

I see a vision. I see inspiration from the airplane world. I see different. When it's mounted in the dash I really like it.

in the 66 front end I see styling queues from the Avanti.

I see clutter...encrusted with useless nonsense....who ever designed needs to go back to the gothic age.

Pontiac designers started to come around....until they ok'd the beak IMHO. The tail lights are almost perfect, I would of gone wall to wall but that's just me. There are refreshing moments of clarity, however IMO.

image7971.jpg

image8041.jpg

Pontiac designers started to come around....until they ok'd the beak IMHO. The tail lights are almost perfect, I would of gone wall to wall but that's just me. There are refreshing moments of clarity, however IMO.

And Chrysler modeled their cars after that...

I see clutter...encrusted with useless nonsense....who ever designed needs to go back to the gothic age.

You have to see it in a car... sitting behind the wheel to appreciate it. It works...

Of course, then you have to see it at night lit up with the "electroluminesent" lighting.

attachment.php

It's pretty cool how it works... Layers of phosphorous and ceramic with a conductive coating. An oscillator changes 12 VDC to approx 300 VAC @ 250hz that powers it.

The 66 and 67 Chargers had the same system.

Wanna see the 150 speedo that Stan was showing? If the Batwagon show up at Carlisle this year I'll let any and all slobber all over it! That 150 speedo was '60, '61' '62 letter car 300 only and Mother redesigned the four gages each year! Hard to believe but she did, Jer

You have to see it in a car... sitting behind the wheel to appreciate it. It works...

Of course, then you have to see it at night lit up with the "electroluminesent" lighting.

attachment.php

It's pretty cool how it works... Layers of phosphorous and ceramic with a conductive coating. An oscillator changes 12 VDC to approx 300 VAC @ 250hz that powers it.

The 66 and 67 Chargers had the same system.
I guess the engineering/design behind that, for its day, was interesting but other than that, meh.

I totally give up on this guy. The odds are higher that I will sack Angelina Jolie before Gary gets it...

Posted via Topify on Android

The concept for the steering mechanism is not plausible of course, however the instrumentation panel concept is a good direction towards what it could/should be. IMHO one ought not have to decipher critical velocity / directional information thru sloping, shiny, glitzy, glassy, boob shaped apparati with the image of a lion signifying the herald of long dead english kings from the 13th century upon it.......simply for a cheesy "gee whiz" factor. This was just a conceptual exercise, but note the date.

I have tons more to share...........later.

1966_Chrysler_300X_Concept_Interior_Sketch_(Ben_Delphia)_01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back