How many 71 new yorker coupes with console?

Big Block

Reaction score
Does anyone out there know appx how many 71 New Yorker coupes came with the floor console

20160911_180400.jpg

An options and accessories report would give you that info. I do not have one and do not know if one has been published.

Just guessing: regarding the '70 300 Hurst., it has been estimated that about 10% of them came with the floor shift option. My guess is that the share might have been about the same with New Yorker 2 doors. Out of the some 4 thousand two doors that would make about 400 or so with a floor shift. How many have survived? One out of two? It's your guess. No records were saved, they burned up in a fire in the early seventies.

No records were saved, they burned up in a fire in the early seventies.

Or they were tossed by a new department manager.... Or they were stolen and still are around in an ex-employee's basement.... Depends who is telling the story.

The bottom line is that they don't exist for those years.

Or they were tossed by a new department manager.... Or they were stolen and still are around in an ex-employee's basement.... Depends who is telling the story.

The missing production records would tell how a specific car was built.

The answer to the original question would be found in the options and accessories report. Copies of those original reports do exist. I just don't know if someone has the report for '71 Chryslers.

It's possible GG has it and just hasn't published it. It would be worth a call to find out.

An options and accessories report would give you that info. I do not have one and do not know if one has been published.

Just guessing: regarding the '70 300 Hurst., it has been estimated that about 10% of them came with the floor shift option. My guess is that the share might have been about the same with New Yorker 2 doors. Out of the some 4 thousand two doors that would make about 400 or so with a floor shift. How many have survived? One out of two? It's your guess. No records were saved, they burned up in a fire in the early seventies.

The missing production records would tell how a specific car was built.

The answer to the original question would be found in the options and accessories report. Copies of those original reports do exist. I just don't know if someone has the report for '71 Chryslers.

It's possible GG has it and just hasn't published it. It would be worth a call to find out.

Doug is correct and we have two members here that have those reports , they hardly visit and generally do not like to spend the time to go through those reports because everyone and their mother wants to know how many of their model car had something...

The car has 49000 miles GA8 paint code and E85 engine I didn't think they made a 350 hp 440 in 71 ..just the 335 hp or the TNT for the c body. .thanks for the info folks

20160911_112604.jpg

20160911_180335.jpg

20160911_180256.jpg

20160909_183152.jpg

What type of rims should I use..it's so hard to find the chrysler rally rims online only the E and B body rally. .I like the black cop type with the dog dish caps.but is that a good look for a New yorker.

Back