How would you honor C bodies at Carlisle?

Pardon my ignorance, what are the dates for the show??
I may have to put the completion of the Boab into Turbo mode...
It would be nice to have her done and do the grand reveal at the show.

Dave FWIW I intend to be there. I need to put several things under control before I fully commit but I am 99% certain I will be there with at least one car. I never managed to get there before, so I have no point of reference. From my perspective you and John have been the two doing the most here to round up the group for maximum participation. I want to thank you both and not forget the others here who have worked toward this... Let me know what I can do to be useful. So long as all C bodies get to participate, I think it will be a wonderful event and will follow your guys lead as far as where you want me to park or whatever else I can do.

As noted above unlike Moparfest, or the Nationals, at Carlisle you park in class. So, when you register your car they will ask you what class you car should be listed under. You will register either one of your Formals as 1969 to 1978 stock and that is where you park. In class with about 35 other formals and fuseys.

I presume they will have to segregate a few of the elite cars to spotlight the best or whatever the spotlight is focused on. Those select cars will probably not be included in the group of other C bodies. Which as a group participant can get mundane. I like to be with the other c body guys....
As I say this I think I would want a tent set up with a couple stock slabs a couple stock fuselage cars and a few formals under it, all in the middle of the C body rows .

Dont miss the Boat C bodies at carlisle
We did
Celebrate the 51st anniversary of the Family car

I wish Either of mine were ready for this year, it's going to be a struggle just to get the 4 door to Moparfest this year. My friend is 75% sure he's going to bring his Fargo down, and I'm going to try and talk him into a tag along.

I've booked a couple rooms.. I'm working real hard to have my Fury up and running by then. Long list to do! Looking forward to meeting all of you guys in person and seeing your rides.

How to honor C bodies: mid-day all of them line up for a slow and steady cruise through all the by-ways of the field, with God Bless America blasting from a huge megaphone on top of Zack's Bluesmobile leading the way. End up at the stage with a Blues Brothers tribute band belting out Sweet Home Chicago. End the day with a huge fireworks show.

I wish Either of mine were ready for this year, it's going to be a struggle just to get the 4 door to Moparfest this year. My friend is 75% sure he's going to bring his Fargo down, and I'm going to try and talk him into a tag along.
Ready will never really happen and no one will ever say a bad word about a work in progress sitting on the field, even in the snobby e body areas.

Ready will never really happen and no one will ever say a bad word about a work in progress sitting on the field, even in the snobby e body areas.
My problem at the moment with the 4 door fella's is the fact it seems to always leave the neighbourhood running flawlessly and come back on a tow truck........I'm not playing that game 8 hours and in a different country.

Otherwise I'd throw the full coverage on it and run it down.

That's why I bulletproof my cars. I go through everything and if it's a wear part and It's 35 years old I replace it. For example...new front wheel bearings, seals, rotors, pads, brake hoses, calipers, hardware, etc. So you get the idea. Same with the rear brakes, cooling (except the radiator) and belts, hoses, water pump, thermostat and housing. I also keep a tote in the trunk with the stuff that keep it from moving. Starter, fuel pump, ignition module, ballast resistor, voltage regulator, belts. I have no problem driving my cars coast to coast. I've been to Wisconsin and back 5 times already. What a blast it is on the open road with a big 4 door Formal!!!

Back