I got screwed today!!!

chargerjohn

Reaction score
123 auto transporters are a bunch of scumbags. I won the 2 door Impy LeBarons. A 69 and a 70. I dealt with this company, they gave me a quote for both cars from Brothers, Oregon to Verplanck, NY. Under the assumption that I could get a few more people to use the shipping company to get their cars out of there and use there business. I wound up getting the 4 other cars to ship. All is well right?? Wrong. I get a call saying that the cars would be picked up last Thursday after waiting almost a month by this company. So I get a call today by the shipper saying that they would have to raise my quote to get my cars home. I was like what about all the other cars I got you to ship from this place? He said I had a truck pick them up last week, they weren't going anywhere near NY. This is unreal. This guy took all the cars I hooked him up with and left mine right where they sit. I don't know what to do now. Any help or suggestions would be awesome. Johnny

http://i61.tinypic.com/2r4r1o6.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/244y2ol.jpg

Post a new add on Uship? How much more is he charging you? $100 might not be worth the fight. I'm guessing it is a good bit more though. I feel your pain, I've shipped plenty of vehicles, and each time I swear I won't do it again.

Man, I feel your pain! I went through the same thing getting my 75 Imp from Georgia to Connecticut. The company - ebidtransport - gave me a quote, we had limited contact over three weeks time (I gave them a huge lead time as I was in no hurry), then the week of pickup they called on that Friday and said the car 'was off the normal travel routes' and they needed more $$$. The car was two miles off I-20 and easily accessible, and runs and drives just fine. Anyway, I ended up using McElley Transport, a small company based in Indiana. They were more expensive but man they followed through on everything, didn't change the rules mid-stream, and I had my car in ten days from our first contact - and in great shape. I dealt with Dena - dena@mcelleyauto.com
Good luck!!

From what I've seen here and at other car related forums it sounds like most of these auto transport companies are shady enterprises at best. I've never needed to use them and now most definitely probably would try everything in the book to avoid using them.....seems like it is just too easy for them to rip customers off.....holding your car and/or deposits hostage and all that. They seem to have the upper hand in contractual agreements. Is there no one trustworthy and honest anymore?

Uship is great for shipping large parts but every time I've attempted to use them for a quote on a car it has been a failure because of all the flucking brokers trying to come in low. I don't even think they get actual quotes themselves before giving a price.

Uship is great for shipping large parts but every time I've attempted to use them for a quote on a car it has been a failure because of all the flucking brokers trying to come in low. I don't even think they get actual quotes themselves before giving a price.

That is the biggest problem with shipping from a consumer standpoint. The shipper tells you one price, and then puts the listing on a board and tries to get it done cheaper. Many do not actually own a truck. If they can, you get the item shipped. If not, it never gets picked up.

Isn't Uship and Ebid just a broker? They get quotes from shippers but aren't actually the shipper.....

Actual shipping companies are usually more trouble free...

This is insane and why I use a REAL shipping company. I use Pilot Freight Services and never ever had a problem shipping anything. I got an 8'x4'x4' heavy crate of parts shipped from El Paso,Texas to Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland in 2 days!!! It may cost a few dollars more than these BS U Ship companies but they are professionals. Sometimes saving a buck or two just isn't worth the chaos and delays.

Ask for ground economy rates....or they can fly cars to you if you want it fast.

http://www.pilotdelivers.com/

My one and only experience with UShip was flawless, could have been luck of the draw. Even when I didn't like the first few quotes I called the broker and lower bids started coming in. I was going through eBay, so that may have been the difference, since everything was guaranteed.

I'll look for my invoice later today, when i get my basement back, for the company we used to ship the monaco from denver CO to MD. Total on that bill was $800 door to door.

Nightmare! Indeed.

Three years ago I sold a 73 RoadRunner on eGay. The guy was in PA, me in Flariduh! The buyer agrees to $500 door to door. Car gets picked up, the guy burns the shipping company, then three months later the shipper bills me after the guys check bounces. I told them I got paid through wire transfer and they should have done the same.

I don't trust any of them. I have a DuraMaxx and a decent car trailer. It has been as far west as Vegas, and as far north as Racine, Wisconsin. Two cars would stump me quick though.

I just went from Maryland to Ohio and back to pickup my new 78 Newport. I took my 07 Nissan Titan with a dual axle U-Haul car trailer. It cost me a total of $59 to rent the trailer. I told them I was hauling an 82 Mopar...the calculator said a Formal wouldn't fit on the trailer. I say BS...

DSC02962.jpgDSC02963.jpgDSC02964.jpgDSC02965.jpgDSC02966.jpgDSC02967.jpgDSC02968.jpgDSC02969.jpgDSC02970.jpgDSC02971.jpg

DSC02962.jpg

DSC02963.jpg

DSC02964.jpg

DSC02965.jpg

DSC02966.jpg

DSC02967.jpg

DSC02968.jpg

DSC02969.jpg

DSC02970.jpg

DSC02971.jpg

Wow, that's using every bit of that trailer! Nice pair of barges.

I drove about 875 miles round trip that day. I believe I was close to 6800 lbs with the Newport and trailer combined. No problem at all....the trailer was rated to haul I think it was 9100 lbs and my truck will haul 9900 lbs. It was a windy day in the mountains and it was no trouble at all.

I know the guy that hauled everything for Neal Freman for 25 years. Some of you might know who Neal is and where he is and that he folded up his tent and crushed everything this past winter. Neal and I traded parts back and forth and this guy hauled them for us as well as hauling 2 separate carz for me including the Batwagon from Mi. to Reading, Pa. ah year and ah half ago. He runs with ah Dodge diesel dully and pulls a 40' enclosed wagon and is still out there chasing. He will be a bit higher then the big guys 'cuz he can only haul 2 at ah time as opposed to 6 or 8 but He'd be my hauler any time I need it done because I trust him to do it and do it right! any body want this mans name and Cell# P.M. Me, Jer

I just went from Maryland to Ohio and back to pickup my new 78 Newport. I took my 07 Nissan Titan with a dual axle U-Haul car trailer. It cost me a total of $59 to rent the trailer. I told them I was hauling an 82 Mopar...the calculator said a Formal
wouldn't fit on the trailer. I say BS....
Nice Bob. Ya get any gawkers at the car on the way back?

.View attachment 31089

I really, really hate being screwed over by some POS company that gives you a quote and won't deliver it until you pay their extortion fee. It happens all the time when families are moving house hold furniture from another state. I would go jack **** on them bitches like Richard Pryer did in his movie, moving.moving.jpg

moving.jpg

After a few unscrupulous transport companies trying to screw me I ended up using Coast to Coast transport to ship my Sport Fury from Detroit to Boston ! They were great and actually did not cost much more than I was originally quoted by several other companies.

http://www.coasttocoastauto.com/

105_0695.jpg

Hope this helps.

105_0695.jpg

Back