introduction of new member Judy

Judy

Reaction score
Greeting all

I have a 66 plymouth fury III to restore 2dr hardtop c body

I am wondering about body parts quarter panel patches is there any other c bodies that will interchange other then the 65-66 models ones I found are rusted
20160331_153344 (800x248).jpg
20160331_153428.jpg

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
I wish your wheels were in better shape, you were interested in selling them and you were closer than WA state.

Welcome , My dad got quarter panels for his 66 Sport Fury from summit racing. Not the best quality but he made them work

Welcome. I may be able to help you out with some parches. I am parting a 68 Fury. So we may be able to get some patches.

Welcome, I like that style of wheel on that car.

thank for the warm welcome everyone

I used to have a 65plymouth sport fury 35 years ago just loved the car style my hubby then sold it after we lost the rearend was so sad when he did that always wanted another one..so now at my age decided to buy one located the 66 from a wrecking yard saved her from the crusher bought it on the spot

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
I wish your wheels were in better shape, you were interested in selling them and you were closer than WA state.

price checking cost of new to re chroming the old rims.. haven't decided yet on which options

Welcome... You will find a number of folks doing something like your 66 here. I think you found a great resource. Check out the Horvaths, for just one, Dylan can't vote yet, but he CAN rebuild a poly... Good luck with your own build.

price checking cost of new to re chroming the old rims.. haven't decided yet on which options
Consider having the rims sandblasted and powder coated with a "Chrome" finish. Not exactly perfect but much more cost effective than plating.

thank you all for the advice and suggestion tips and web sites to check out.. last week I spent time making a visual inspection of my 66 beauty took the wheels and drums off and found no brakes shoes on three of the four.. driver rear had brakes pass side rear no brake drum so this week end so far went to pull n save wrecking yard spotted a 65 fury 4dr got two drums four matching steal rims checked out the floor pans need front driver and pass pans and a big portion of the trunk pans are all good submitted a order to not crush that 65 I want those parts cut out for my 66 beauty sadly quarter panels were rusted

will post pic of my brake drama lol as soon as I up load them from my phone to laptop LOL my boyfriend thinks I am f in crazy LOL I told him about as f in nuts as you are about your 67 ss chevelle.. he just laughed and continued hunting up parts..I spent two yrs hunting up part for his chevelle he has a little joke he always says when I find a part he needed just cant get you to stop spending my(his) money I just giggle now the tables are turned he is enjoying spending my money

Sounds like you guy are in for some fun times! Post up a pic of your boyfriends bow tie, it's good to be reminded every so often why we are Mopar guys.:poke:

thank you all for the advice and suggestion tips and web sites to check out.. last week I spent time making a visual inspection of my 66 beauty took the wheels and drums off and found no brakes shoes on three of the four.. driver rear had brakes pass side rear no brake drum so this week end so far went to pull n save wrecking yard spotted a 65 fury 4dr got two drums four matching steal rims checked out the floor pans need front driver and pass pans and a big portion of the trunk pans are all good submitted a order to not crush that 65 I want those parts cut out for my 66 beauty sadly quarter panels were rusted

will post pic of my brake drama lol as soon as I up load them from my phone to laptop LOL my boyfriend thinks I am f in crazy LOL I told him about as f in nuts as you are about your 67 ss chevelle.. he just laughed and continued hunting up parts..I spent two yrs hunting up part for his chevelle he has a little joke he always says when I find a part he needed just cant get you to stop spending my(his) money I just giggle now the tables are turned he is enjoying spending my money

A word of caution, chevy parts are a lot easier to find. A good body shop will fabricate the patches you need if you can't find them elsewhere. Once your baby is up and running right, I bet he likes it too.

Back