Let's see some Wagons!

i like it. How is it applied

Half as much thinner in paint ( at most)
Set spray nozzle to squirt/stream....
Turn up air pressure.....

If you set spray nozzle to "spray" will make it more condensed...

To make it more "open" looking, set to stream and hold gun further back....

Key is less thinner and further distance from painted surface....

Play around on scrap piece... Easy and fun..... :eek:s_dancing2:

Half as much thinner in paint ( at most)
Set spray nozzle to squirt/stream....
Turn up air pressure.....

If you set spray nozzle to "spray" will make it more condensed...

To make it more "open" looking, set to stream and hold gun further back....

Key is less thinner and further distance from painted surface....

Play around on scrap piece... Easy and fun..... :eek:s_dancing2:

Back in the 70's I used to do this all the time. Used lacquer though and I'm not sure if any of the modern paints will give you the same effect. Another trick with lacquer is to put pieces of a Styrofoam cup in the paint. The thinner will dissolve it and spay out colored chunks.

Yea I was wondering about that. Laquer was the deal back then. Advance Auto sells that urethane stuff. At try using that. Nice tip on the styrofoam

Here is my Waygun..1973 Satellite Custom.
Really an oddball and survivor.
318 3 on the tree manual trans,factory radio delete,no power steering,no options,no nuthin'
But has a whole lot of character and get piles of attention.
Not a C,but I do use it for parts chasing for my 68 Newport and other C body member's cross border contra ban parts shopping,LOL!!
DSC01866.jpg

DSC01965.jpg

DSC01959.jpg
Sharp Car! This is a first for me, I don't think I have ever seen a wagon of this vintage with a manual transmission. I remember seeing a couple of older Valiants (a 4-dr and a wagon) that had 3 speed floor shifters.

Obviously a very popular thread, had a great time reading through the entire post. The wagons seem to have such a cool factor

Ken
Wagons are hot right now. I do have lots of fun with mine using it to its full potential hauling schtuff,and even slept in the back of it!!

I lost my cherry in the back of a 71 polara wagon.... i know...too much information...
Still with her today though! My wife not the wagon LOL

She still looks better than that wagon would ever look! What do you think? Keep the girl trade the wagon!

Hindsight is 20-20.... at the time, besides my girl (future wife). I had my eye on my first 73 Imperial. This was back in 79, mind you, I still have my girl :) and another 73 Imperial. Win win for me. The wagon would have never held up as nice as my wife... as you can see!

Back