More vintage Pro Stock

image.jpeg
Bob Riffle & the Rod Shop Dart Sport

image.jpeg
Here is a great pic. That Paul Gentilozi in the old Bob Glidden Arrow racing Bill Grumpy Jenkins Camaro. I believe that's Larry Lombardo in the Grumps car

image.jpeg
1977 US Nationals. The Hemi Arrows of Butch Leal & Roy Hill. Both cars where built by Butler & both had engines by Petty Enterprises They way you can tell a Butler car is by the high side door bar. You will see this on a lot of 70's Mopars.

image.jpeg
Bobby Yowell driving Billy Steep's Hemi Colt. And behind it is Steep's Hemi Dart Sport also driven by Yowell. The black car is Mike Fons & the MOPAR Missile & the green car is Albain Gauither's Hemi Duster

image.jpeg
Betty Sigmon & her husband bought the MOPAR Missile "wire car" Duster after NHRA disallowed it. Here it is at Farmington Dragway outside Winston-Salem, NC. I have raced at this track myself many times. She raced it in the fast bracket classes with a small block. She badly crashed the car at a track in NC that had been poorly prepped. I believe it was was Shuffletown outside Charlotte

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Roy Hill in the blue shirt sitting by his car in the staging lanes & talking with some friends. The Duster is the Former Butch Leal California Flash car

Thanks for all the pic's Bob lots of history, didn't even think about the fact that if you have your alerts turned on every time I like a pic you are getting a alert. I am probably flooding your box , sorry.

image.jpeg
Billy Steep vs Grumpy Jenkins at a match race in Kentucky. Brooklyn Heavy bought the Steep Challenger later that day

image.jpeg
Cooney Hicks was a match racer out of Alabama. His Hemi Colt was lethal. He was a run what you brung guy. If you traveled down to Birmingham to race him you had better bring everything you had

Back