My '68 New Yorker

TURBOFIRE

Reaction score
Hi all. New to the forum. New to owning a Mopar as well. I bought this beauty after viewing it on E-bay. It was for sale local to me and I was able to get it bought after the auction didn't meet its reserve. I thought I would show some pics. The wheels are going bye bye! I have some 18" Ridlers ordered and they will be installed Friday. I will post some of the beast after the new wheels are installed. Car is all original, 440 auto with 742, third member, 8.75" rear. I believe the mileage to be correct at 51K.

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

Welcome, beautiful car! You have come to the right place being new to Mopars. These guy are very knowledgeable and some has rubbed off on me too, in the last 4 years.

Looks Nice. 68 seems to be my favorite year. Welcome

Welcome from :canada:. Nice score. Not a fan of big rims and skinny rubber on our old land yachts but it's nice to see it getting some love.

Welcome from :canada:. Nice score. Not a fan of big rims and skinny rubber on our old land yachts but it's nice to see it getting some love.
Yeah, I understand. I just think it should either have the original hub caps on it or something modern. The 1990 saw blades that are on it now will look much better on my car trailer.

Wow, what a beauty! That interior is very nice and yes, the wheels are awful.

Awesome! So glad that car went to a good home. I remember it from ebay and was wondering how it would fair. Welcome aboard!

Welcome. I'm glad to see that it looks like someone who will appreciate and enjoy the car bought it. I'm with you on not caring for the wheels.

Originally these cars came with 14" wheels unless you have disc brakes then you get 15" wheels, but from your engine compartment picture I'm thinking that you have drums all around. So, if you go with 15" wheels you could possibly pick up some disc brake hub caps.

Original 14" cap

15" Disc Brake hubcaps

Nice car! I like that you are getting rid of those wheels. I hope the new wheels look better! :-D

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of the "fastop" in general, but it seems to work better on '68's for some reason, especially on this one with the rocker panel trim...... sweet ride, not to mention blue buckets and console........

Welcome! Very nice NYer. I can't recall ever seeing a New Yorker with buckets & console. I like it. You will enjoy your new ride. The torque of the 440 & the smooth ride makes for one enjoyable drive.

Your car is in great condition! I like the bucket seats and console. That has to be a rare option. I put Magnum 500 style wheels on mine and it looks so much better.

Back