My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

I try not to participate in threads that bring my pessimism to the surface but it's there. If we could keep this forum strictly about cars, girls, boobs, dogs and cats(if you must) everything is rosy.

I try not to participate in threads that bring my pessimism to the surface but it's there. If we could keep this forum strictly about cars, girls, boobs, dogs and cats(if you must) everything is rosy.

Thank you... ...again, also, too.

Beautiful car BTW.

John

All hope it's not lost.. sent my clutch for my Lotus to a specialty clutch shop in Buffalo NY they took it apart and relined the disc with state of the art cerametalic buttons, built to exactly what I wanted:) nice to know that there are some who still CARE! And reasonably priced to boot.
The last real radiator shop in the whole county just closed up here. Soyonara rebuilding cores...
One of my customers still rebuilds radiators so yours is not the last, but they are getting scarce for sure!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Finally made some time to at least hang my rebuilt calipers.

image.jpeg

Also pulled this out for a quick rebuild

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Oh, while we're at it, just pop out the rear for a quick rebuild...

Lol. You make it sound so easy.
I really couldn't put it off any longer. Not only was it making noise since I've owned it but it started to leak and one leak is enough on this car.

Looking good you will have it all ready for the driving season. Are you doing the rear end rebuild yourself?

Looking good you will have it all ready for the driving season. Are you doing the rear end rebuild yourself?
Not doing it myself, I got a guy. A good friend of the guy that just did the automatic from my vert..
I shoulda had this yanked out weeks ago for rebuild, just haven't been able to make time for it.

I don't have an answer about Carlisle yet, I'm really just trying to get it ready to go back and forth to work. Already got word that my gear is REALLY worn out which isn't totally surprising. It can be outfitted with all new bearings and seals but without replacing any of the the things with teeth it will always whine. What's worse is he says that it was NOT the source of the cluncking sound.:BangHead:

I think all that Noise in the rear, is the Rear ends way of telling you It wants a Sure-Grip :poke:

Their iz alwayz Murray and he'z only two hourz away from yeah yeah know. I did it with the Batwagon and met him at hiz work 20 and he even pulled out of hiz pickup bed and dropped it in my trunk for me, lol Jer

Back