My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

Hate to say it, but lots of Moog parts coming from China. A buddy replaced his '95 Grand Marquis idler arm, specifying Moog parts. Lasted about a year vs. 20 on the OEM.
Yes my long faith has been shaken... so many brands have given up on quality or been sold off to another organization that only uses the trusted brand name, but none of the original manufacturing... to think, I used to view "made in Japan" or "made in Mexico" as a problem.

Moog use to be a family owned company based in St. Louis....

sixteen.jpg

yessixteen.jpg

There is almost nothing manufactured in the USA anymore!

Milwaukee use to be the machine shop of the world!

Sadly.....Not anymore!!!!!

We were discussing your Imperial today and decided the car reminds us of 1960s-70s space movies. The silver on silver is nothing like I've ever seen, VERY cool.

images.jpg

The Duralast parts I just installed were made by Moog in China, what's a guy to do???

Hey! I was gonna name my car "Scorch", so now I'll hafta think of another appropriate name. . .

Sorry Rip I took one look at it and that name came to me...just hope it doesn't burn me lol..
It's also the colour of course:)
image.jpeg

This is from the show in Grosse Point Shores on Lake St Clair and if I do say so myself the picture is like a postcard.:D
image.jpeg

I can't help it, it's the car, I can't get enough of it.

Neat the way the car changes colors in different lighting. Looks like it has some blue metalic. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well damnit! I missed its 50th birthday! I'm not very happy with myself that I wasn't at least aware of that on that day...

image.jpeg

I was 18 in 1967.
1967-50=1917.
So when I was an impressionable young teen coming of age at the peak of the muscle car era, looking at a 50 year old car was like looking at a Model T.

Perspective . . . .

Missed by over a month lucky he even opens the power vents for you. :).

That is a early build date have you ever noticed anything that changed later in the year, what was the production number?

Back