My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

Damn, I spent almost $1k today for hub bearings, rotors, pads, calipers, hoses, and tie rod ends for my truck. I just finished putting all those parts on and still need to get an alignment.

There is a reason I drive what I drive...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12X-Front-Tie-Rod-Ends-Kit-Suspension-Parts-for-Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-4WD-/201446285850?fits=Model:Suburban+1500&hash=item2ee722621a:g:FZMAAOSwh-1W2DL2&vxp=mtr

Sorry Bob, on the bright side my 99 1/2 ton gmc has no sex appeal whatsoever.

Here we are in the Leelanau peninsula for the Labor Day weekend. I hope everyone is enjoying theirs.

image.jpeg

Very nice up here Stan, us people that live in the mitten state call it the pinky. This is literally the other side of the road from the last pic.

image.jpeg

Well done Matt ... from looks of things glad you were able to get that done. Bet the mrs really loves riding around in it even more now since she already did.

Great that you guys can get out on the road with the old yachts. We'd planned to, but the Imp's steering box had to go for a rebuild. Maybe next weekend...

The Imperial will turn 150K on the trip home today and I think it is wearing those miles quite well! What an honor it is to pilot this great American car!!:usflag:

A grand at this point is about right.
I'm still living in $25 alternator dreamland.

I also buy the quality parts. No question I chose Moog over Driveworks and Wagner Thermoquiet over Whatever Silver. I tow from time to time and drive to Green Bay a couple of times a year. Can't be doing that and worrying if those sub-Cambodian manufactured garbage is going to fail or fade....

I also buy the quality parts. No question I chose Moog over Driveworks and Wagner Thermoquiet over Whatever Silver. I tow from time to time and drive to Green Bay a couple of times a year. Can't be doing that and worrying if those sub-Cambodian manufactured garbage is going to fail or fade....

Hate to say it, but lots of Moog parts coming from China. A buddy replaced his '95 Grand Marquis idler arm, specifying Moog parts. Lasted about a year vs. 20 on the OEM.

Day 2 this weekend project of resurrection of Scorch so only driving in circles around the lot but it's coming along...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hate to say it, but lots of Moog parts coming from China. A buddy replaced his '95 Grand Marquis idler arm, specifying Moog parts. Lasted about a year vs. 20 on the OEM.
I use a lot of Moog parts on customer cars, everyone is moving some manufacturing off shore. The big difference is the spec the parts are made to. I put some cheap upper ball joints in my 98 Chev 2500 and regret not getting Moog or AC Delco because now they have to be done again before winter and snowplow season.

Back