New Guy from Indiana with 69 300 Vert

mrmopar66

Reaction score
From southern IN. Been lurking a couple months and finally decided to post. I recently bought this 69 300 L code vert from MO. I don't have it home yet and plan on going after it early in Nov. I am usually a B Body person but a few years ago I traded for a 67 300 L code hardtop and loved the car. I have regretted getting rid of it ever since so when I found this one I decided to try the C bodies again.

I have a steel crank motorhome 440 that I am going to change the heads and cam (and all else that needs swapped to fit the 300) and back it with a 4 speed.

Here are a few pics of it at the current/past owners place.

DSC03033.jpgDSC03035.jpgDSC03037.jpgDSC03054.jpg

DSC03033.jpg

DSC03035.jpg

DSC03037.jpg

DSC03054.jpg

Welcome !!!!!!! :3gears: Looks like a fun project,,,,,,,,,,, Good luck with the restoration :sFl_america2:

Welcome. Can't wait to see another fuselage car running up and back on the road. Sounds like you have some good plans for the 440.

I noticed that dashboard is almost arrow straight, even after being exposed to the weather. That's outstanding. Nothing worse that a fuselage dashboard with wavy melted parts in it.

Good luck with the restoration, I am sure its going to be a real interesting car when done with that four speed in it. What sort of heads are you taking off the motor and replacing them with?

The pistons are the real sticking point they are so far down in the bore you will need 516 or 915 heads to get the compression up but leaving it low it will run on junk gas

Will most likely use a set of 452's that I have that are done. Im running a 77 or 8 cast crank motorhome 440 in my 66 Charger with a set of 52's and a old shool MP 509 cam. It runs fine and sounds bad ***.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyqUCFhqi0Q

The pistons are the real sticking point they are so far down in the bore you will need 516 or 915 heads to get the compression up but leaving it low it will run on junk gas

Last edited:
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

These get them from time to time by passionate car guys........... being the first doesnt make you a fool, rather a visionary or a bored soul

Tesla was considered a fool in his day and is now known as a visionary. Thank you. I ain't bored.

Posted via Topify using Android

Yea man, I know the pedals and Z bar are almost unobtainable but I will find them. I have most of the rest. If this carhad its original engine and trans I wouldnt think about it but it doesn't. I've had 4 speed B bodies and loved them. This will make this car the way I want it. I plan on staying with the gold paint and the white top and interior.

Does anyone know what stripe the V78 refers to?

Wait!!!!!!!!!
A four speed?
As in a manual A883 4 speed?

Posted via Topify using Android

Will most likely use a set of 452's that I have that are done. Im running a 77 or 8 cast crank motorhome 440 in my 66 Charger with a set of 52's and a old shool MP 509 cam. It runs fine and sounds bad ***.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyqUCFhqi0Q
I have the same combo in a 73 challenger it is a cool combo that with 2.94 rear got like 13 mpg on 87 octane

Back