About This Vehicle

Driven 68,000 miles
Automatic transmission
Exterior color: Green · Interior color: Green
VIN: TI789OLT2134AS215
Fuel type: Gasoline
Very good condition

Seller's description
COST OF VEHICLE IS $27,500 1968 IMPERIAL CROWN CONVERTIBLE ONE OF 474 PRODUCED HAS BEEN PART OF THE HISTORIC CHRYSLER SURVIVOR SERIES A FIRST PLACE WINNER IN AACA MUSEUM EXPO STRONG 440 TNT WITH DUAL EXHAUST CRISP CLEAN UN MARKED LEATHER POWER BUCKETS ORIGINAL ANTIQUE GREEN LEATHERETTE POWER TOP WITH GLASS BACKLIGHT -NO RIPS OR STRESS MARKS PROUD TO HAVE BEEN IN MAGAZINES WAS THE FEATURED SHOW CAR IN THE 29TH ANNUAL SCRANTON REGION AACA . 68000 PAMPERED MILES
367812_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=3b2858&_nc_ohc=Lk_joBus9x0AX93ADEk&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.jpg

478949_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=I5xP-NyL6owAX_gCdzW&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.jpg

258038_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=0bl668v6t9wAX91JqaS&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.jpg

259338_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=Jc4VX6FAuw8AX-VDw95&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.jpg

572930_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=l4bJqFAvW1MAX_xfHqF&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.jpg

931613_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=tpfHUi8kRUQAX9K4tEI&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.jpg

This is a nice looking auto. At the asking price, the leather should be perfect and it is not.

Dave

This is a nice looking auto. At the asking price, the leather should be perfect and it is not.

Dave
It looks like they let it dry out over the years. Rub in some good conditioners to soften it back up as needed and you’ll have some beautiful seats that look like they should in a 52 year old luxury car.

The exhaust is perfect on this car...tucked in properly and tips just peeking out slightly.

Taking notes for my 68.

Beautiful.

Doesn't seem to match.... That pattern is way different. That dufuss should have put pics of the front seats in the ad, but going by the rears color and pattern doesn't match. I guess we'll never know. My front seats and rear don't look anything like that. Too many rows and folds.

Doesn't seem to match.... That pattern is way different. That dufuss should have put pics of the front seats in the ad, but going by the rears color and pattern doesn't match. I guess we'll never know. My front seats and rear don't look anything like that. Too many rows and folds.
Yes but you have a ‘67. The ‘68s are completely different.

i wondered about the upholstery picture too. it looks like a black seat but with green or blue carpet. maybe an unrelated image? i can't see it at an aaca invitational with the wrong seat.

Just for the heck of it I tried to put that website address in and tried a google search for automainia..... doesn't exist. Very weird.

The back looks great. Are you guys talking about the other pic? That doesn’t look that bad, but as someone sai might not even be pertinent to this car.

It's this picture...
-jpg-_nc_cat-111-ccb-2-_nc_sid-843cd7-_nc_ohc-jc4vx6fauw8ax-vdw95-_nc_ht-scontent-lga3-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

I'm maintaining that this piece of leather isn't even from this car. Then curiosity got the best of me and tried to look up that dealer..
Couldn't find anything!

If that is a HP 440, shouldn't it have a dual snorkel air cleaner and the HP exhaust manifolds?

I know there is a 'dual exhaust' option for the 68 with a K code 350 horse assembly but I don't think there is a true L code HP 375 horse assembly for the 68 Imperial

Thanks John, I was hoping there might be more pics of it on their website.

With so few pics I'd be a bit leery of it being as nice as they tout it to be.

Probably some kind of broker.

I know there is a 'dual exhaust' option for the 68 with a K code 350 horse assembly but I don't think there is a true L code HP 375 horse assembly for the 68 Imperial
Correct. All 68 Imperials are K codes. Both the regular and 440 Dual cars. The 440 Dual option is a K code with TNT/ Magnum bolt ons minus the cam (Dual snorkel, dual exhaust, carb etc.)...apparently good for 360 hp.

Very similar approach to the options available/ used by police (see discussion of Robio's 71 Fury I police Coupe.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back