NOT MINE not mine facebook 68 imperial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. All 68 Imperials are K codes. Both the regular and 440 Dual cars. The 440 Dual option is a K code with TNT/ Magnum bolt ons minus the cam (Dual snorkel, dual exhaust, carb etc.)...apparently good for 360 hp.

Very similar approach to the options available/ used by police (see discussion of Robio's 71 Fury I police Coupe.).

So is there a different engine assembly number on the broadcast sheet and is the Dual assembly noted on the fender tag?

So is there a different engine assembly number on the broadcast sheet and is the Dual assembly noted on the fender tag?
I have not seen anything special on the fender tags (at least that I can see, but I am not good at the older tag style). It's probably on the build sheet, but I have not personally seen a 68 Imperial build sheet, so I don't know.

I have low hopes of finding the build sheet on my Imperial as it is a convertible and the interior is weathered badly, but I have yet to dismantle it as I am still collecting parts to have a complete car before I tear into it.

My Convertible appears to be a 440 Dual car as the items are there and appear to be old/ original. It appears the "440 Dual" consists of:

Dual Snorkel;
Dual Exhaust;
Carter AFB vice the low-perf Holley.

Going mostly from the literature:

68_Imperial_options_equipment_0012.jpg

68_Imperial_Safety_Specs_0005.jpg

68_Imperial_Safety_Specs_0018.jpg

Thank you for posting that info. It's very helpful.

This topic is simply one more reason to try and save broadcast sheets, window stickers and other factory documents.

Still wish there were more pics of this one. That's a very strong number to ask and yet only a handful of pictures.

They sure don't know how to market a vehicle do they....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back