Paint almost done on 72 fury

MN72Fury

Reaction score
I know that many do not like the green - but I think the factory Sherwood Green (darker) is a good shade. I had the car repainted to the original shade of green. Black v-top is yet to be put on. I have police rims painted to match. The front end and hood is off so I am getting a motor built for it.

j IMG_0345.jpgAugust 13 2015 123.jpgIMG_0541.jpgIMG_0545.jpgIMG_0803.jpgIMG_0801.jpgIMG_0800.jpgIMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

August 13 2015 123.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

Never apologize for green...that car is sweet! Definitely paint the roof before any new vinyl.

I will forward the concern to the body shop - I was impressed that they took some time on the car as you can see taking off bumpers, deck lid, etc.

Thanks for the feedback

Never apologize for green...that car is sweet! Definitely paint the roof before any new vinyl.

Agreed, primer isn't a good sealer against moisture that will collect under the vinyl roof if left outside much at all. Having a couple layers of base coat and then the clear coats will be well worth the effort and cost to ensure a long lasting good looking car. I think those 72 Furys are one of Plymouths best looking models. The front end is just brilliant and unique. I feel the same way about the 72-3 Dodge Monacos. Someone in Chrysler styling at that time hit a couple home runs out of the park with those.

Thanks for the information - I will definitely ask the shop to paint the roof before the top goes on. That is why this site is great! It gives an average guy the authoritative background to strongly suggest a professional make adjustments

I will never understand why people dislike that green. Nice paint job.

I never really liked green, which meant most of the Chryslers I owned were about this shade... It grew on me over the years and really looks great clean and in the daylight. This is one sexy ride, especially with black interior.

Motor is ready from Proformance - click on video to see the 440 on the dyno 560 hp and 600 torque

I will be adding Firm Feel Police Package and TTI headers in next update

Last edited:
Back