For Sale Rare 1964 Flxible 29 Passenger Starliner

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry folks. seller returned my call Thursday. had a VM but no evidence it was there.

bus was sold a year ago. went to a Flxible collector from Australia. he drove it from Louisiana to LA and put it on a boat.

seats were original btw.

its in the right hands. seller sounded like a real nice guy. doesnt know why some sites still show it for sale ..but he always takes time to answer inquiries on it.

Shame :(

In other news,
HowTFdo you ship a bus to Australia????????
Most likely has to be shipped 'roll on, roll off', not in a container.
servizi-roro.jpg

The bus/coach thing can get in your blood to stay. My Dad had this '48 GM coach since I was 3 and we drove straight through 24 hours from SD to San Benito Texas every year for 3 weeks in February for many years to my Grandfather's winter home. The picture is on South Padre Island when it was still pretty vacant in the mid '70s. It would get about 13 on the highway and top out about 72-74 with the 4-71 and I think a 6v71 would have fit in the engine bay without many issues. The original seats which it retained 4, were dark brown mohair with subtle darker brown pinstripes and I think were actually nicer than the seats in my 4106. It was a Greyhound (blue and white) and Dad used the FK5 paint code from my brother's '70 Sport Fury when he repainted it.

1971-80 South Padre Island.jpg

The GM 4106 was built from '61-'66 and had the 8v71; It will go 80 with some foot feed left and will get 8.5 on the highway.
This is the 50th 4106 built and is an ex Arrow Stage Lines coach and has only about 285,000 miles.

61 GM 4106.JPG

Last edited:
Found out some information on my Dad's bus and my own...

(1) Dad's '48 PD2903 was not a Greyhound but rather sold new in the same town he bought it in. I remember several towns in South Dakota being in the sign scroll above the windshield. It was the color of a Greyhound, but possibly a lot of them were, as I read that Greyhound was the majority purchaser of GM Coaches.
scan0032 -.jpg

IMG_2003 - Copy.JPG

(2) My '61 PD4106 was not the 50th, but the 502nd 4106; must have been missing a digit on the registration and I am now wondering if the title is correct. This does however confirm that it was 1 of 2 purchased by Arrow Stage Lines from the beginning though, which stands to reason on the low miles. Notice the 6 just before mine went to Uruguay. I wonder what they look like today.
61 4106 (3) -.JPG

IMG_2002 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1999 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

(1) Dad's '48 PD2903 was not a Greyhound but rather sold new in the same town he bought it in. I remember several towns in South Dakota being in the sign scroll above the windshield. It was the color of a Greyhound, but possibly a lot of them were, as I read that Greyhound was the majority purchaser of GM Coaches.
View attachment 117111

View attachment 117115

(2) My '61 PD4106 was not the 50th, but the 502nd 4106; must have been missing a digit on the registration and I am now wondering if the title is correct. This does however confirm that it was 1 of 2 purchased by Arrow Stage Lines from the beginning though, which stands to reason on the low miles. Notice the 6 just before mine went to Uruguay. I wonder what they look like today.
View attachment 117112

View attachment 117114

View attachment 117113
Your 4106 looks to be in VG condition outside... do you have any conversion pics of the inside?

How long did he have the bus?

Where is it now? If you know...

View attachment 117111

View attachment 117115

View attachment 117112

View attachment 117114

View attachment 117113

Your posts are always insightful and worth the read

View attachment 117111

View attachment 117115

View attachment 117112

View attachment 117114

View attachment 117113
Cool info,............ dammit here comes that I want a bus again feeling.

How long did he have the bus?
Where is it now? If you know...
Bob, I'm not positive if you were referring to the Flxible or the '48 GM, but just in case; Dad bought his in '71, he passed away in '96 then my Mother passed away 2 years later and it was sold at auction. Last I knew it was still close to Yankton where it spent the vast majority of it's days.

Your 4106 looks to be in VG condition outside... do you have any conversion pics of the inside?

I didn't do a lot to the inside, but it is a work in progress... Slow progress, as I did what you see in '01 or '02 when I got it and have just been using it as is. I want to build cabinets into the existing luggage rack, build 2 nicer tables which would be matching booths across from each other, and build a small entertainment center for the rear area across from a closet on the passenger's side. I do some camping, but usually just take groups of friends on various road trips, do some weddings, bachelorette parties etc. for existing friends only... Not a business, and just saying no and wanting to do the inside nicer is in the forecast.
IMG_2004 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2005 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2006 - Copy.JPG

I think that is Stan's state bird I threw on the bed. I won it at the Omaha zoo or Kansas City WOF and it never left the bus.
IMG_2007 - Copy.JPG
I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back