That’s not a LeBaron

340Dave

Reaction score
It’s a Mini-me LeBaron...... so on a whim I went to check out this little 91 LeBaron GTC 3 litre convertible that some old fella had a couple hours away from me
When I get there much to my surprise the old fella is a guy I did a unexpected favour for a couple years ago and he couldn’t stop thanking me for that and telling me he and his wife never forgot it....... so there I am not feeling it with this 80,000 mile half decent - rare in these parts little vert- then he offered it to me for 1/2 of what he was asking and throws in a brand new battery to boot
Well damn ....on the trailer it goes and we hug it out and now it lives at my place
Don’t know what the hell I'm gonna do with it but I guess when one of my daughters sees it I’ll be fixing it up

2F585679-5F8D-4921-A868-8E74AA00FFE4.jpeg

6701DB00-63BB-4A09-9118-D1186940C62B.jpeg

0E9ED96B-3A1A-44DC-BADB-7F34B0E45F44.jpeg

338446F3-5B60-49B5-A996-FF88E96BA8E9.jpeg

4A044BFC-33A2-4AA3-8C9D-2FB6BE34A8CC.jpeg

97D3E22D-F2F4-4CAE-B672-272055043CF3.jpeg

Last edited:
my parents had a white 90 gt with the same 3.0, had power antenna and heated mirrors

I always thought these were sharp looking. There were quite a few of these on the road here in NJ. My neighbor Pete had 3 LeBaron convertibles and bought a 200 convertible, I think a '14 ,when Chrysler announced they were discontinuing production.

Nice cars and those 3.0 litre Mitsubishi engines move them pretty well. The turbo 'verts were also fun to drive.

Love the color on your new drop top Dave. I searched for many yearz before I found My '87 TI Coupe. #s on the Coupe's were way shorter then the Verts I'm told? My last drop top waz ah '68 B5 Blue Barracuda. Clean Rust free car that I found in Parkersburg, W.V. in the mid '80s for my Bride to play with. She got bored 'bout 2002 so it left the fleet. I don't even want ah Sun Roof car anymore! Jer

Congrats Dave!

I used to have a 92 GTC vert, black on black. Gawd I got a lot of p**** in that car.

That's a cool find and cool car. As you said, would be good as a college kid or high school car. I'd beat around in it with the top down!

Love the color on your new drop top Dave. I searched for many yearz before I found My '87 TI Coupe. #s on the Coupe's were way shorter then the Verts I'm told? My last drop top waz ah '68 B5 Blue Barracuda. Clean Rust free car that I found in Parkersburg, W.V. in the mid '80s for my Bride to play with. She got bored 'bout 2002 so it left the fleet. I don't even want ah Sun Roof car anymore! Jer
I hear ya about the sunroofs...I keep the shade closed on mine so I don't burn my scalp off....best thing about the top on this one ...I can get in the car without smacking my head if it's open

Those were great looking cars! Hopefully, that transmission will not be the junk many of them were between '88-'92. Or, the previous owner already had it rebuilt.

Those were great looking cars! Hopefully, that transmission will not be the junk many of them were between '88-'92. Or, the previous owner already had it rebuilt.

Agree! I blew 3 transmissions in my 92...all under warranty

Agree! I blew 3 transmissions in my 92...all under warranty
I had a family that I had done a number of funerals, weddings, and Baptisms for in Bakersfield. The father owned a '91 New Yorker, 63,000 miles, original owner. I asked him one day, "Had any problems with the transmission?" He said no and wanted to know why I asked? I told him about the problems people have been having with those, somewhere around 60,000 miles. He said he's had no issues.

I performed the wedding for his grandson, who moved in with him, along with his new wife, as a way to "take care of the Old Man." As a way of saying thanks, he gave the New Yorker to his newly married Grandson, and told him what I had said about the transmission. They all had a good laugh.

Until two weeks later....

I kid you not!! Wham!!! It froze up while the young man was driving home from work. Granddad paid for the rebuild.

True story.

Back