This looks like a deal....should I?

FWIW coming from a slab guy, next to the k car that is about the homeliest looking car Chrysler Corp ever made. My grandpa had that exact car brand new and I couldn’t stand to look at it even then. But hey, it’s only a grand.
For a moment I thought the same thing... Well, ok more than a moment. But it's growing on me...

if it had a good running forged crank 440, maybe. Especially if you had a car you needed that engine for. Sorry, donor in my mind.

was at yes 'til i saw the smashed up door and quarter. now i agree with furious70 above. as a stand alone car at a k, no. not running, questionable tires, brakes, everything, f'd up body, 7 cash tops.

Bought it! Solid no rust. Complete. Hooked up a battery and engine turned over fine. Smelly fuel tank and empty master cylinder. Gonna tow it and get it roadworthy. Yes makes a good bomber for sure. Title is up to date they kept it current every year so she's zero hassle there. I spent time chatting with Carl the dad. This was his mom's car from new and they all have memories with it. I'm gonna visit them with it when we get on the road. Yep, it's s bit ugly but I got me a fuselage!!

As stated in the ad, dad thought it had a 440. He says his dad waited for a more powerful motor. While he says they swapped it in at the dealer when new, that seems unlikely (of course)...best we figure is maybe they waited for a car optioned with the 360 instead of a 318?

Anyway, I'm making space and sending a tow in next couple of days and check the fender tag.

Way to go! I'm sure the family will be happy to see you get it roadworthy again. Please keep us up to date as things progress.

I'm late to the party, congrats to your score. Anyways the ad has been deleted already, did you save some pictures that you could share here:thankyou:

I was just thinking that... now no one knows what this thread is about.

Gotta post the body of the ad not just a link

Congrats!!

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

i recommended against the car, but i congratulate you on your purchase and wish you the all best of luck with it. thanks for keeping us updated.
Thanks
I'm gonna get it running but not sure how much restoration. It is absolutely rust free and complete except for the trim on the door. I could use the power disc brakes for my 68 Newport, but I don't wanna part it out.. I'll give it some respect. That family loved this car. It was parked when grandma lost her license. Certainly on the homely looking side and the dents don't help... I'll keep ya posted once I have the car towed on Sunday and I start the wakeup process

Picked it up today. Chatted for a bit with Carl.. His mom got it new in 71.. when I asked who was the last person to drive it and why they parked it, he said his eldest daughter got a ticket going 127mph...I'm not sure the car would go that fast but..ummmm ok...she had told him she'd send a copy of the ticket and if he gets it I may get a copy.... His neighbor Steve came over to say goodbye to the car...(he'd had a few..lol) tried to upload pictures but got errors.... Had to put my 68 in the street to make room til I get this running...

Back