Turn signal switch issue

Big_Red

Reaction score
Think we have traced all the electrical issues in the Fury back to the turn signal switch. Ran out of time the other night, but manually got the sliding pegs to make contact where they should and the power probe showed the correct electrical flow.

However, when we buttoned the column back up it was worse than before!

Is there a reasonable turn signal switch work around, or am I going to have to replace it? The switch part doesn't bother me, but I'm not looking forward to sorting the connectors or sending wires down the column..

Seems amazing to me after European stuff that so much wiring goes through the steering column! :)

When you remove the old one, tie a strong string or light wire to the harness, then use that to pull the new wires through. Not hard at all.

You don't have to disconnect the plugs from the wires either, simply turn the plug sideways as you pull the wiring out through the top of the column, the slots the wiring passes though are wide enough to do so.

Cleaned the switch up and carefully refitted it... & also put the old flasher unit back in and she's fine :D

Back