Variable wiper with park

66furys

Reaction score
For only a couple years, mother mopar used this park device, at least I think this is it, from service manual. Mine is MIA. IF correct, they are expensive and my motor fries the fuses, so has issues and will need rebuild. My question is this. Has anyone tried to replace this 66-68 system with a later version that does not use the motor reverse park system, but a more normal internal switch, but obviously does not bring them down to the gasket. If they are interchangeable, I would be OK with the stop and park. Has anyone tried this. There are issues with motor mounting in the firewall, with the length of the connector and linkage, with the length of the connector for sweep, and for wiring, to say the least. thanks

What year did they go away from the reverse parking feature?

I know they had it in the 50's, 60's and 70's... I never paid attention to anything newer.

This park device was only used for the three years, as far as I can determine. It has a rotating clutch that allows more movement in reverse. The service manual shows several designs, and this horrible thing was used when the motor goes into reverse to add lever length. The thing I have learned is that I am only right about half the time, but would like to simplify if possible on this system, before spending a fortune. I did contact one of the rebuilders, but he simply said he could not help me. Soooo, looking for more on this subject.

Back