Vintage MOPAR Funny Cars

Fuel Hemi

Close up of a nitro injected Hemi. The engine of choice

fun8.jpg

One for the street

They got into the act in the early days with this injected Hemi Barracua

Bob I lived about 40 miles from these guy's . Saw this car run several times , always loved the look of the early AFX cars . After losing Ronnie , has a wild hair to build one for the street , it's stiill a work in process with a twist on the power plant . cuda-afx 003.jpgcuda-afx 004.jpgcuda-afx 005.jpgWhat do you think ?

cuda-afx 003.jpg

cuda-afx 004.jpg

cuda-afx 005.jpg

1966-plymouth-barracuda-passenger-side.jpg

Last edited:
My A body Cuda

Yes that is sweet. Here's mine. I bought it from "Wild Bill" out of Fuquay. He runs a Top Sportsman Dart with an Indy motor. Runs the Miroc & Civil Wars races at Rockingham

image.jpg

C Body Bob , see if you can dig up anything on this one . Hank Hankins ran a 1965 superstocker converted to AFX style car . It was called the Trader Plymouth , had a blown injected hemi , somewhere in mid 1966 he built a 66 cuda and used the drive train out of it in the new car .It was called The Trader Barracuda . On it's first outing at Person County he rolled several times , the car was junk and he was taken to the hospital . This pic shows the 65 car running in 67 in Virginia . hank.jpg

hank.jpg

That's a new one. I have a ton of pics & I don't think I have ever seen that one. I'll dig around. If the 65 is still around he should bring it to the NC Hall of Fame show we have each year in Henderson.

still around ?

That's a new one. I have a ton of pics & I don't think I have ever seen that one. I'll dig around. If the 65 is still around he should bring it to the NC Hall of Fame show we have each year in Henderson.

Remember that was in 1967 , he ran the 65 car , converted it to AFX , built the 66 car , rolled it and pulled the engine back out of 66 car and put it back in the 65 to continue racing .. from what I remember the 66 car was blown and injected when the accident happened . This was 48 year ago , Don't know if Hank is still with us ..

I've been poking around. Even asked a couple of guys. So far all I found is a guy with that name who owned & managed drag strips & lived in Virginia. I'll try the Super Stock guys see if they know of it

Back