Winter storm Harper

70bigblockdodge

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
The weather people in the Pgh. area have been going on and on for days about this storm. Looks like our snow total will not be bad, but the ice is unpredictable and can be bad. Big John and others in upstate New York the 18-24" they are predicting is a crappy outlook.
Stay safe and stay warm later.

Yes, they have been hyping up the snow fall in central Ohio, we are just getting rain so far no ice. Hopefully the transition to snow is accompanied with little ice. I already know the snow fall here will be of little concern, but ice is bad. Good luck everyone one else.

As seen in my neighborhood...

IMG_20190119_150628.png

Yea, it started snowing and blowing about 3 hours ago.

We had to move my mother in law into her new apartment this morning. Fastest move we've ever done. We all wanted to get it done before the snow started and I had the rental truck back in less than 3 hours.

We got almost 8" from yesterday morning thru last night, along with some wind. Clear and colder now, of course.

If they are naming snow storms, when will they start naming rain storms

it's winter, it snows, we expect it. just a movable nuisance. :)
the media causes panic in these situations. they have been going on for days about it. it used to be we wouldn't hear about snow unless it was over a foot. now we get 2" and we have warnings and alerts, closures and panic. maybe it's a sign of the times.

I enjoyed the snow!! We finally got more than a dusting, got to fire up the snowblower for the first time this winter!!
Maybe some snowshoeing tomorrow:thumbsup:

it's winter, it snows, we expect it. just a movable nuisance. :)
the media causes panic in these situations. they have been going on for days about it. it used to be we wouldn't hear about snow unless it was over a foot. now we get 2" and we have warnings and alerts, closures and panic. maybe it's a sign of the times.
no kidding. no wonder kids are stupid these days. they close schools at the drop of a hat. and I agree the weather liars aren't helping matters.

Goto to the grocery store and grab all the ingedients for french toast

Back