Working on my 71 300

that looks realy good...now I'm pissed...guess l'll have to wait for Pete and Graham to do thiers so l can get in there and be a pest.....what l realy wana see is that sunroof workin....

that looks realy good...now I'm pissed...guess l'll have to wait for Pete and Graham to do thiers so l can get in there and be a pest.....what l realy wana see is that sunroof workin....
No worries Derek.. that won't be my last one I have to do the roof on my 71 Fury also and my U code 300.. and you definitely will see that roof working this year.

I don't want to pee on corn flakes, but did whoever made the top locate the A-post seem where it appears to be in this photo?

img_3325-jpg.118680

I don't want to pee on corn flakes, but did whoever made the top locate the A-post seem where it appears to be in this photo?

img_3325-jpg.118680
Legendary made the vinyl Carmine, I ordered it over Dantes Mopar I was asking the same question to Dante and Legendary about the a pillar seams. They told me it warris from production to production the seam is now 1inch lower than is was before.

Legendary made the vinyl Carmine, I ordered it over Dantes Mopar I was asking the same question to Dante and Legendary about the a pillar seams. They told me it warris from production to production the seam is now 1inch lower than is was before.

It probably won't be all that noticable once the chrome is on, but that should be discounted. Worse, they can correct that without scrapping all their stock because it's just too long. I know there was another member here who received a Charger top (in New Yorker grain). Looks like some quality issues at Legendary. That's bad news for all involved because I'm going to need a white sunroof C-body top soon.

They must be using their wives' fancifal measuring tapes if they think it's only an inch off.

IMG_20170312_173403.jpg

Last edited:
It probably won't be all that noticable once the chrome is on, but that should be discounted. Worse, they can correct that without scrapping all their stock because it's just too long. I know there was another member here who received a Charger top (in New Yorker grain). Looks like some quality issues at Legendary. That's bad news for all involved because I'm going to need a white sunroof C-body top soon.

They must be using their wives' fancifal measuring tapes if they think it's only an inch off.

I should add, your install looks excellent. They probably need more guys like you working there.

I have been working the grave yard shift (4pm to 4am) for the last 4 months or so....I have to stand outside delivering fuel in those temps.....Brrrr. ;) :D

Your 300 looks amazing...and the top turned out great!
When I worked at a gas station as a kid, I remember the drivers always carried a milk crate to sit under the tanker when it was pouring out. lol

RE: the A-piller seam. I have never even noticed that. Now, every time I see a 'vert, I will never unsee that seam. lol

He did a good job. No bubbles or ripples in the vinyl.:thumbsup:

The vinyl on my Monaco looked white to me until I laid it next to a scrap piece from Tobias' roof. It looked almost grey by comparison.

View attachment 118674

Hey P I was looking at my Trim book and noticed these. What's your vinyl trim code??
IMG_6916.JPG

I agree 1W should be the correct colour. 1L would be better on a White car or mb Black but on yours the 1W would really pop

This is the application of V1L that I have grown to like the best over the years. When I saw this car on a used car lot at Birmingham Chrysler/Plymouth back in 1972, I knew it was the one for me. I was a student at the Chrysler Institute of Engineering at the time so I didn't have enough money saved up for a 1970 300 new, so I chose this one with 28K miles. It is still my favorite car of all the ones I have:

70 300 #2 (1) (1).jpg

And if I had been able to buy a 1970 300 new I probably wouldn't have chosen this combination. But when I saw this one in the flesh, it really hit me right. Kind of a subdued sporty elegance to it.

I like how you pull the drip rail moldings off to do the job right. A lot of guys just glue the vinyl top side edge to the drip rail channel and call it a day.
Really nice work! And in arctic temperatures no less!

This is the application of V1L that I have grown to like the best over the years. When I saw this car on a used car lot at Birmingham Chrysler/Plymouth back in 1972, I knew it was the one for me. I was a student at the Chrysler Institute of Engineering at the time so I didn't have enough money saved up for a 1970 300 new, so I chose this one with 28K miles. It is still my favorite car of all the ones I have:

View attachment 118912

And if I had been able to buy a 1970 300 new I probably wouldn't have chosen this combination. But when I saw this one in the flesh, it really hit me right. Kind of a subdued sporty elegance to it.

Steve: I think your car is the best looking 70 300 there is. I love the color combination and of course, the car. Have I told you lately the you really suck?

Back