´66 300 2door - "I´m just beginning..."

Welcome. I spent a few weeks in Hann Munden Hannoversch Munden in 2003, I believe that's reasonably close to Kassel? Very much enjoyed it... the geography reminded me of Tennessee.
Hann. Münden is only 9km (5miles) away from my little village called Knickhagen!!

The front turn lens are made to order, by a man in Australia. If you need those I can look of the information. The rear lens are next to impossible to find, like everyone mentioned.
found some front turn lens on ebay us...299,-$...with shipping and tax and so on I m around 500,-€..way to much. But if they crack...I have to I think ;)
If you have other options give it to me! thx at this moment

What is wrong with your tail light assemblies? They are made of pot metal, and they are usually badly pitted. If they aren't broken or crushed, they can be repaired and rechromed. Its a rather expensive procedure. Check with Zymurgy (Mike). His repaired / rechromed tail light assemblies are gorgeous.
thx the for the information! I'm just in the front of the car. I think around September I will paint the whole car and then I have time for the tail lenses and bezels...
Colour? kinda iceblue I would like...

Hello neighbor ;-)
Kind of funny that the Germans talk in english on a US Forum...

Donald don´t like it :elmer:

Hello neighbor ;-)
Kind of funny that the Germans talk in english on a US Forum...

Donald don´t like it :elmer:

I feel safe saying Donald wouldn't care at all. But I can only imagine what your media tells you about our President. Meanwhile, our liberals tell us to fear him because he is of German ancestory.

But anyway... if I recall correctly Hann. Münden's claim-to-fame was the oldest bridge in Europe. True? I recall crossing it on a Saturday or Sunday and encountering a Ford dealership. I decided to look at the cars and the owner came out to talk with me. Upon finding an American who liked cars, we proceeded to talk each other's ears off through an interpretor (my girlfriend at the time) who finally had to stop us because her voice was gone.

It sure would have been fun to spot a '66 300 on the streets there.

I feel safe saying Donald wouldn't care at all. But I can only imagine what your media tells you about our President. Meanwhile, our liberals tell us to fear him because he is of German ancestory.

But anyway... if I recall correctly Hann. Münden's claim-to-fame was the oldest bridge in Europe. True? I recall crossing it on a Saturday or Sunday and encountering a Ford dealership. I decided to look at the cars and the owner came out to talk with me. Upon finding an American who liked cars, we proceeded to talk each other's ears off through an interpretor (my girlfriend at the time) who finally had to stop us because her voice was gone.

It sure would have been fun to spot a '66 300 on the streets there.

That was just a Joke, I think it is not really good to get political in this Forum... But it is true, his grandfather went to America in 1885 at the age of 16.

The Bridge in Hann. Münden is one of the oldest Brdges in Germany, not in Europe.

That was just a Joke, I think it is not really good to get political in this Forum... But it is true, his grandfather went to America in 1885 at the age of 16.

The Bridge in Hann. Münden is one of the oldest Brdges in Germany, not in Europe.

I know it was a joke. I was just leveling the field. :)

Time must have exagerated my memory of the bridge to all of Europe rather than just Germany. At any rate, a very charming city.

thx the for the information! I'm just in the front of the car. I think around September I will paint the whole car and then I have time for the tail lenses and bezels...
Colour? kinda iceblue I would like...

What does your fender tag say about the oiriginal color? Is white the original color? Also, your wheel covers are the covers used on disc brake cars, but yours is drums all around? Maybe someone replaced the old Budd disc brakes with drums, because they couldn't find parts for the Budd setup. . . Your wheels are fifteen-inch - Right?

What does your fender tag say about the oiriginal color? Is white the original color? Also, your wheel covers are the covers used on disc brake cars, but yours is drums all around? Maybe someone replaced the old Budd disc brakes with drums, because they couldn't find parts for the Budd setup. . . Your wheels are fifteen-inch - Right?

Fender tag..hmm..I will upload a photo soon, maybe you can tell me some ting about it. It''s a California car..15" wheels right! The white is brushed by the last owner and it is not the quality that I want. Under the hood there is the original colour to find. It''s a light green I think...

What did you prefer? drums or discs in the front? and which kinda aftermarket system did I have to choose if I want to change to discs?
and the other question:
wheel/tire combination in the rear? what is possible? 8"?

Fender tag..hmm..I will upload a photo soon, maybe you can tell me some ting about it. It''s a California car..15" wheels right! The white is brushed by the last owner and it is not the quality that I want. Under the hood there is the original colour to find. It''s a light green I think...

Mighty fine. There was a lot of green back in the day of our '66s. The green on your car might be a pretty good looking color - if you want to bring the car close to original.

Another thing you might do: remove the back seat bottom cushion from the car and look to see if the original broadcast sheet is stuffed under the seat springs. If its there, be very careful when removing it. It may be already close to disintegrating. If its not there, it may be somewhere else in the car.

The braodcast sheet and the fender tag will tell you everything there is to know about your car. We can help you dicipher both the tag and the sheet.

What did you prefer? drums or discs in the front? and which kinda aftermarket system did I have to choose if I want to change to discs?
and the other question:
wheel/tire combination in the rear? what is possible? 8"?

Well. . . Disc front brakes are much preferred over the drum setup. Seems like several folks this morning are looking at disc brake conversions. Here is a link / article that helped me a lot: Drum to Disc Conversions Using 69-72 Spindles -
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/433231/Drum to Disk Conversion - 69-72 Spindles _040916.pdf

As regards rear wheel / tire combinations, I'm sure you can use an 8-inch rim with a pretty big tire and not run into any clearance issues. Search around on FCBO for specific applications.

I will search like Indiana Jones! ;)

The problem with the colour is that BjörnP got the same on his '68...it looks perfect but...two cars in the same green? don't know...

Well. . . Disc front brakes are much preferred over the drum setup. Seems like several folks this morning are looking at disc brake conversions. Here is a link / article that helped me a lot: Drum to Disc Conversions Using 69-72 Spindles -
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/433231/Drum to Disk Conversion - 69-72 Spindles _040916.pdf

As regards rear wheel / tire combinations, I'm sure you can use an 8-inch rim with a pretty big tire and not run into any clearance issues. Search around on FCBO for specific applications.

Thanks for the fast reply...I will search...

20170201_164938.jpg

Back