WANTED ‘62 300 air cleaner assy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the 1962 BB single 4bbl had one snorkel.

I thought the 63/64 880 Police vehicles with 413, s came with this style of unsilenced air cleaner style. I have this on a 318 with an early small opening 4bbl carb.

20221203_200808.jpg
20221203_200855.jpg

Thanks folks. I was thinking New Yorker and 300 but not about the sport.

Are you using the original AFB with the 4-1/2" neck or an AVS, or Edelbrock, etc with a 5-1/8" neck?
If you are 5-1/8", I may have one I could sell, I have one with an aftermarket chrome base.

Last edited:
Larger aftermarket 5 1/8. If the base was smaller I will just trim out the center and weld in the larger circle from another base.

Steve weim55 Colorado

If you do ever find one with the smaller base, do not modify it, they are getting difficult to find.
The tops were also used on some 6cyl engines, so they are more common, but the 4-V base is getting scarce.

I have 2 nice tops packed in a box and a chrome base somewhere else. I'll dig them all out and post some pics.
The chrome base does increase the overall height from factory, so we should review that for fit beforehand.

Agree don’t cut a factory base.

You can use a base from and aftermarket air cleaner to get the large carb opening.

Here are the 2 covers I have.

Both are powdercoated inside/outside.
1 is gloss black, the other is an antiqued silver that resembles a hammertone/wrinkled finish.
This lid design accepts 2 different dia air filter sizes (as factory), the base I have can easily be centered with your fingertips when you tighten the wingnut.
The base is an aftermarket one that gives an overall height of 4-1/8" (with filter CA162). Filter CA160 drops the height by about 1/2" (specs below).

If interested, send me a PM on which cover you want and we can figure out a price and shipping cost.

The black one has some dust on it, visible in the pic.

1670421688504.png

1670421762960.png

1670421799561.png

1670424529479.png

fury fan, thank you for the detailed photos and the air filter information, very helpful! Two things: One of my Mopar buddies local contacted me just after I place this ad and said he might have one. I won’t be back in town for a couple of weeks to check it out. If that doesn’t work out I’ll contact you about yours. When I’m back at the house I’ll check into measurements to see if that slightly taller base will fit under the hood?

Thanks again all for the replies!

Steve weim55 Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back