“Jackie Blue” will get a fresh engine rebuild!

Always good to have a nice name for a nice car you own!

CBODY67

1EF41BB2-9011-4082-ACA3-366BC0DFB899.jpeg
67C136CD-2CF6-4715-BAF9-693E261A64A5.jpeg
34358DEF-7AA9-4C7A-9CE8-FEFF6DFF2A8F.jpeg
5FEEE35A-A412-4B45-8200-6050FF6E374B.jpeg
Well guys these are long overdue, here are some pics of my engine rebuild progress

Decided to go with a stock rebuild overall and upgraded the old intake manifold to a 4 barrel eddie performer #2186 with eddie 4 barrel carb/auto choke # 1406 with chrysler adapter for linkages# 1481. Tore everything down to the bones, bored out 030 over , went with silvolite cast pistons with hastings rings, comp cam, and went with a "Ready to Run" 3 wire MSD electronic distributor, new plug wires too.

the machine shop said the blocked looked pretty virgin and checked out great to rebuild, passed magnafluxing too:thumbsup: hopefully will be firing her up soon, maybe next couple weeks, then she will go to my mechanic and finish the other stuff, brakes, gas tank install, etc... hoping to set sail late this year or early in the new year:usflag:

C295E822-6C95-4C4B-96C6-0EC1BBCBA7DD.jpeg
We installed the chrysler throttle lever adapter and used the old stud from the old carb to hook it all up properly to accommodate the Eddie 4 barrel carb. That part is good, however they weren’t able to sort out the throttle kick down situation!?? I’m sure it’s been discussed here about solutions. Can anyone chime in or redirect me to a link here that discusses this? Thanks in advance!

View attachment 412312 We installed the chrysler throttle lever adapter and used the old stud from the old carb to hook it all up properly to accommodate the Eddie 4 barrel carb. That part is good, however they weren’t able to sort out the throttle kick down situation!?? I’m sure it’s been discussed here about solutions. Can anyone chime in or redirect me to a link here that discusses this? Thanks in advance!
I believe Edelbrock sells the adapter kit for it. I bought it for my 75 NYB when swapped over to Eddie carb and intake. I’ll see if I can find the part number and post it for ya.

Is this the same engine that was in the car to start with? Did you install a taller intake manifold? It looks like the intermediate rod is to short. What did you change?
OK, I went back and reread the entire post, was this a four barrel engine to start with? Two barrel engines have a different linkage. Or the other possibility is your intake manifold is higher than your old one. You may need to find the linkage from a 440 car.

Last edited:
When I first saw that picture, it looked like the interface between the "blue items" and the slotted kickdown rod was not there. The throttle linkage items look ok, but not what's missing for the kd rod?

I suspect the intake manifold might be a small bit higher, but no more than the old DP4B item, so getting the correct 4bbl linkage for the model year should work, I suspect.

Otherwise, looks good!

CBODY67

I originally had the stock 2 barrel carb which sits lower I think on the block, I installed the Eddie intake and 4 barrel carb , so I think the Eddie intake sits a little taller. Yes I know not to drive it so I’ll need your guys help to sort this out. I’m eager to stay driving this old girl.

Thanks

I believe the 2bbl sits more in the middle of the engine, naturally, so that's where the main throttle blade will be. With the 4bbl, the primary blade will be more forward, so that's probably where any dimensional changes will be.

CBODY67

As "CBODY67" said, the throttle linkage sits in a different location. You should find one for any "B" OR "RB" Engine with a 4 BBL.

www.mymopar.com Chry MasterTech 1971 #71-2 has some great graphics of the throttle/kd linkages and how to adjust them. A good visual reference in this case.

CBODY67

www.mymopar.com Chry MasterTech 1971 #71-2 has some great graphics of the throttle/kd linkages and how to adjust them.
CBODY67

Yeah this great info, but I find the grouchy Tech cartoon guy to be a distraction, so here: http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/mtsc/279.pdf

Also, Hoffman's sells great repro linkages/parts. Hoffman's Winners Circle Fuel System Related Actually, Hoffman doesn't sell direct, but he lists his vendors on the site. Hoffman's Winners Circle Retail Vendor List

Back