1947 Chrysler C40 Crown Imperial Limousine

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdk2010

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Im...9e48a4c86&item=111208451206&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

VIN: 7810481
Briggs Body No. 599-1473
Engine: Crate 350 Chevrolet V-8
Transmission: 400 Turbo Automatic
Color: Chrysler 4315 Military Blue
Wheelbase: 145.5" (center of wheel to center of wheel)
Length: 235" (bumper to bumper)

Only 750 of these great automobiles were built from 1946 through 1948 at a base price of $4,305 weighing in at 4,875 pounds. Very few remain. The Chrysler C40 models are accepted as Full Classics by the Classic Car Club of America. This is a “Restomod” meaning it has the timeless appearance of the original, but updated with later technology to provide a much better, dependable and comfortable ride.

5,000 miles since a factory new crate delivered “Mr. Goodwrench” 350 Chevrolet V8 engine was installed in 2006, automatic turbo transmission, power assisted steering, dual air conditioning, stereo system, hydraulic division window.

The Odometer shows approximately 32,000 miles (just over 500 miles per year since new) and judging from the overall condition and the undercarriage it appears to be the original mileage on this Classic. The wheel wells, floorboards, engine bay, trunk, and undercarriage are clean with no rust apparent in these areas – ever. It appears this example was rarely left out of the garage and always well maintained.

The chrome, stainless steel trim and original hubcaps are exceptional very nice. Rubber door and other seals were replaced, radial whitewall tires, new carpet, headliner and upholstery. Folding “opera” or “jump” seats are a special feature of the Crown Imperial Limousine. New gauges have been installed below the center of the dash, the original speedometer and odometer are operational as well. The hydraulic operated division window operates smoothly. Dual air conditioning and heat can be controlled in both front and rear. The Imperial has an AM/FM Stereo with CD player with front and rear stereo speakers. The vacuum operated windshield wipers were converted to the more efficient electrical type.

The Crown Imperial gets “thumbs up” wherever it goes. When occasionally valet parked at restaurants or events, it is always placed up front ahead of new Rolls Royce, Ferraris, etc.

A Chrysler Crown Imperial Limousine chauffeured Elizabeth Taylor and Nicky Hilton on their wedding day in 1950.

It starts easily and drives smoothly at freeway speeds. AC may need recharging as it has been sitting over the past year. Additional photos and information on my amateur website: www.pacificnewportclassics.com

Critical comments. I am used to show restorations, so my comments may be too critical, but here there are: This was a professional restoration for daily driving comfort. While it is very presentable and could be shown with pride, it is not a show car, functionality and comfort having been primary goals. I note one of the speaker covers is off in one of the photos, I believe it is under the seat and simply needs to be reinstalled. The interior wood and trim is in its original unrestored condition. The paint has a minor few nicks and scratches, but no dents or dings. It has one small surface rust spot on the bottom of the passenger side door which you can see in the close up photo.

Restomod (restoration + modern parts/technology) draws from all the advancements in automobile technology over the past 40+ years to enhance the performance, comfort and safety of the Classic car. A Restomod car has the timeless appearance of the original, but the outdated guts of the car have been replaced with the more modern, high-performance parts of today. You achieve the same great look, but your vintage car will be revved up with all the latest bells and whistles to create a much better ride for the owner.

What a kool mafia limo!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The Bowtie power train just ruins it.

This is what the interior is suppose to look like......

47_Chrysler-New-Yroker-DV-11-RMA_i02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back