1947 Ex-Trailways Silversides GMC Bus - Cummins, 4 spd/2 spd rear. Old MH conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
wish I had some under the tail cover pictures I am really curious about this thing 1947 thats a year younger than than me

wish I had some under the tail cover pictures I am really curious about this thing 1947 thats a year younger than than me
One hour and fifteen minutes south of Orlando International.
Or bring a trailer. A big, BIG, trailer...

under the tail cover
it's mid-engine, btw. Under the tail cover is the generator system where the luggage storage used to be.

Last edited:
468947de4292b9ca2157cbfb50e365a6.jpg

That's a cool old bus. Dirty aluminum is only .20 a pound here plus driveline and frame, starts to look affordable.

There is one that shows up at a local show here that was converted to a motor home right after being taken out of service by Greyhound.

The interior looked like it was well preserved and not restored.

Alan

I think there's nothing scarier in the world than to have a loved one with it. I just don't know if I could cope. If God made anything unfair to humanity, it would be Alzheimer's.
See that $1,000,000.00 car collection? If it was yours what would you really wish for?

It's here in Sebring about 10 minutes away from me.
The family is looking for at least what Jim's Auto Salvage will give them for the aluminum.
Tinkering will get it running but it's not roadworthy.
Had a long conversation with the owner. He still thinks he's driving it cross country. Sad....

Our reality is unique to each of us. If he says he's driving it cross country, who are we to say he isn't? For all you know he's the normal one driving the bus and you're the delusional one thinking you're in Sebring reading this.

VERY wise words indeed.
What one perceives as reality can change 180 degrees with a snap of a finger....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back