1947 Ex-Trailways Silversides GMC Bus - Cummins, 4 spd/2 spd rear. Old MH conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
PM's only.
Absolutely NO tire kickers. Not mine, for a friend.
I know nothing about these things.

Owner suffering Alzheimers. Family "getting affairs in order".

2j5f0pf.jpg

zxoa47.jpg

hsos9w.jpg

66c4xv.jpg

24ms2tw.jpg

xc9cb4.jpg

3097zgh.jpg

10zu0cp.jpg

Last edited:
Cool Bus but after working on them for over 20 years I'm not ready to buy one!

When I first started working for Phoenix Transit we had a lot of old Flex's and AM Generals with some new Grumman Metro's and RTS's.

A friend had a mid 50's Greyhound bus that he was going to convert to a RV. The project stalled and was never finished, but I always thought it would be great when done.

The neighbors bitched about it... so for Christmas he decorated it with Christmas lights. You could see the thing from the overpass on the highway a couple miles away.

The bus was sold and became an office for some eccentric rich guy down south.

She looks like she would be a great start for a Retro Motorhome.Take some polishing up to the aluminum and a little paint in the right places and you've got a real looker.Set up the interior for a retro look and you've got something special.BTW,what's he asking for it? I see it has Tenn. plates,where is it located?

It's here in Sebring about 10 minutes away from me.
The family is looking for at least what Jim's Auto Salvage will give them for the aluminum.
Tinkering will get it running but it's not roadworthy.
Had a long conversation with the owner. He still thinks he's driving it cross country. Sad....

The cost of flatbedding it to get it where you want already puts you upside down. Think of it as an XXL C-body.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back