NOT MINE 1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer 4dr - $5,000 - Project - Englewood, CO

marty mopar

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Tempe AZ (hotter than a turd on a frypan)
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer 4 Door - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

Selling my 1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer 4 Door Sedan. This car is originally from Littleton, Colorado but made its way to New Mexico where it was cared for and customized a bit. I purchased it 8 years ago with the intention of doing a full restoration, but life got in the way. It's in too good of condition for it to deteriorate, so I'd really love to see someone who could either restore it to its original splendor or make a great custom rod from it!

As you can see, it is in amazing condition with little rust. There were patches done (correctly) over both rear wheels, but that appears to be the extent of the body work. The body is straight from every angle and was painted at some point in similar colors to the original combination. This is a rare TRI-COLOR car from the factory with two shades of green and a white top. It has factory power steering, power brakes, automatic transmission fitting of the top-of-the-line Dodge of the era. This was Virgil Exner's first full effort at Chrysler so all 1955's in the line were completely made over to his vision which would play out more dramatically in the next few years.

Good on the car are its fantastic body, trim (95%), extra parts including rare front and rear plastic emblems, good trim, excellent interior with an almost perfect original carpet. All doors and windows work correctly, closing perfectly, as well as trunk and hood. Tires are older but hold air well. Generator was recently rebuilt. Comes with a complete set of original style "sombrero" hub caps also as well as both body and chassis shop manuals. All electrical works. Also included is a brand new outdoor custom car cover. The engine is the original 270 CI "Red Ram" Poly V-8.

Needing attention are the engine as it seems locked up at this point but has miracle oil in all cylinders and hopefully will turn soon. The car was driven to where it sits about 3 years ago. The power steering pump and reservoir are disconnected from the generator but can be reconnected. Headliner is gone, but support rails are all there. Courtesy overhead light cover is gone. Windshield is cracked. Asking $5000 or best offer. I don't need help selling this. odometer: 20257
Copy and paste in your email: [email protected]

1294933751_55DodgeCustomRoyalLancer4DrCOa.jpg.76e8124b37112438365b43eefb0c18c3.jpg

Back