For Sale 1956 Chrysler LWB station wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm23uoc

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine, can't remember this one shown before:

Sell used Airporter Limo 1956 Chrysler 8 door station wagon, not Dodge, Plymouth, Desoto in Newberg, Oregon, United States

Unbenannt.png

Grey Line Airporter, needs total restoration.
Will run but probably needs a clean fuel system. No brakes.

I put a little gas down the carb and it fired and showed oil pressure and battery is charging. (only ran for a few seconds twice this way as I don't know what's in the gas tank)

Car has rust, however it has been in dry storage for over twenty years.
Has regular tubeless tires and wheels for rollers, comes with the original split rims with junk tires.
VERY heavy suspension, but is simply an extended station wagon with a custom roof.
It has the original 331 Poly motor. Push button three speed auto tranny.
True mileage is unknown.

It is on the buyer to arrange shipping and should determine that this AS-IS vehicle is what you want before you bid.
I put the engine number for the VIN. The car is in a warehouse in Newberg, Oregon (97132) and the title is in a safe deposit box.

Clear title in my name, registered in Oregon as a special interest vehicle.
Might swap, might deliver for a fee.

Feel free to ask questions or send me a phone number and I will call you.

Last edited:
I can remember riding in these things in the late 1960's. The transport company used to run them from a pickup point in downtown Portland to the airport and back, usually about once an hour. Most of them had several hundred thousand miles by the time they were auctioned off and all were very well used. Seller is correct about the suspension, they rode like an oxcart.

Dave

FWIW, there were also some similar Oldsmobile Toronados and later'50s Chevies.

CBODY67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back