1960 Dodge Dart Pioneer Hardtop Coupe

@60DartChick does this car still have the GM FI system on it?
Previous owner stated the FI worked great when initially installed, started with just a bump of the key. But it stopped working after a brief period and wasn't able to be diagnosed, so it was pulled a replaced with a carburator. It was included with the sale, and is all still like new in a box. Hopefully it can be figured out and reinstalled!
20211003_195953.jpg
20211003_200232.jpg

Previous owner stated the FI worked great when initially installed, started with just a bump of the key. But it stopped working after a brief period and wasn't able to be diagnosed, so it was pulled a replaced with a carburator. It was included with the sale, and is all still like new in a box. Hopefully it can be figured out and reinstalled!View attachment 489188 View attachment 489189
Let us know if any help is needed diagnosing it... unfortunately, most testing will require re-installation.

Let us know if any help is needed diagnosing it... unfortunately, most testing will require re-installation.
Thanks! There are a couple projects ahead of the Dart but once we start really digging into it I'm sure there will be questions.

Ran into a snag while setting the valve lash. There appears to be an oiling issue. Very little oil flow, if any, to the rocker arms. Things were very dry up top, and a couple lash adjuster screws were worn so much that they had no more room for adjustment. New ones are on order, although obviously I've got to get to the bottom of the oiling issue 1st. I've got a pretty good idea what is wrong, but any suggestions would be appreciated.
Screenshot_20211008-085216_Gallery.jpg
1203188__27204.1495815764.jpg

I'm leaning towards believing this is a cam bearing issue...not sure if they can be installed incorrectly? Anyone know if a LA 318 cam bearing is different than a Poly 318?

Engine Oil Flow

oilmain.jpg

oilfront.jpg

@BLIMP

ENGINETECH CC470 CAM BEARINGS US $24.62
APPLICATION:
1964 - 1969 273 CHRYSLER ENGINES
1956 - 1957 277 CHRYSLER ENGINES
1955 301 CHRYSLER ENGINES
1958 - 1979 318 CHRYSLER ENGINES
1968 - 1973 340 CHRYSLER ENGINES
1971 - 1979 360 CHRYSLER ENGINES

Thanks @Xenon for that info...here's a post that I found from a Sweptline forum while searching, sounds promising.
Screenshot_20211008-234623_Samsung Internet.jpg

The dangers of being the second person inside an engine... I have no technical input, so I offer my sympathies...
No worries Jeff, we will get this resolved. So far I'm enjoying the hunt as I become familiar with this Poly engine...for example I've never adjusted lash before. At this point its been a positive learning experience. No matter what, things will work out :thumbsup:

Is the photo in post #57 your engine? If so, it appears well oiled. Depending on the type/weight of oil used, the temperature of the engine when it was shut off and how long it sat before removing the valve covers, rockers can appear "dry". Sliding the rockers on the shaft or starting the engine with the covers off can "tell the truth". Since the adjusters are damaged, are the sockets on the pushrods OK? What oil pressure do you have? Just some thoughts.

Back