For Sale 1960 Imperial sedan on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmoparjeff

Reaction score
Contact seller
I've never been a fan of Forward look sedans in the past, but this one looks sharp and does a really good job of hiding those clunky window frames. So well that I didn't even notice it was a sedan until I was looking at the interior shots. Car looks quite fresh and road ready, or at least close to it.

1960 Chrysler Imperial Crown | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This auction could end with a phone call to9046924626jim...

The 1960 Imperial adopted wildly exaggerated styling, featuring front fascia with a swooping bumper, gaping mesh grille, giant chrome eagle, and hooded quad headlights, and tall rear fins. Soaring fins had bullet style tail lamps at the peak of the fin, with a chrome ring surrounding it. The grille and bumper on the front of the 1960 used large pieces of heavy chrome, and the 'furrowed brows' of the fenders over the double sets of headlights gave the car a ponderous look. In common with most other 1960 Chrysler products, the Imperial featured the new "High-Tower" seat with the driver-side back individually contoured and raised above of the rest of the front seat for increased driver comfort and shoulder support. This would last through the 1962 model year. Also, for 1960, Imperial changed back to 15-inch diameter wheels from the 14-inch diameter wheels that had been standard since the 1957 model. While the rest of Chrysler's lineup adopted unibody construction, Imperial retained its body on frame construction.

This 3-owner example is very clean. The original 413 Cubic inch motor and original automatic transmission are clean and in good running order. The Maroon exterior and white leather interior give this car that real nostalgic feel.. Options for this 1960 Chrysler Imperial Crown are: AC, AM Radio, Cruise Control, Steel Wheels w/Hub Caps, Power brakes, Power Steering, Power Seats, Power Windows, Seat Belts, Leather interior, and Radial White Wall Tires. The AC compressor needs to be replaced and I have a new one in box that goes with the car.

Watch the video with this link.

I've never been a fan of Forward look sedans in the past, but this one looks sharp and does a really good job of hiding those clunky window frames. So well that I didn't even notice it was a sedan until I was looking at the interior shots. Car looks quite fresh and road ready, or at least close to it.

1960 Chrysler Imperial Crown | eBay

View attachment 225902

View attachment 225903

View attachment 225904

View attachment 225905

View attachment 225906

View attachment 225907

View attachment 225908

View attachment 225909

This auction could end with a phone call to9046924626jim...

The 1960 Imperial adopted wildly exaggerated styling, featuring front fascia with a swooping bumper, gaping mesh grille, giant chrome eagle, and hooded quad headlights, and tall rear fins. Soaring fins had bullet style tail lamps at the peak of the fin, with a chrome ring surrounding it. The grille and bumper on the front of the 1960 used large pieces of heavy chrome, and the 'furrowed brows' of the fenders over the double sets of headlights gave the car a ponderous look. In common with most other 1960 Chrysler products, the Imperial featured the new "High-Tower" seat with the driver-side back individually contoured and raised above of the rest of the front seat for increased driver comfort and shoulder support. This would last through the 1962 model year. Also, for 1960, Imperial changed back to 15-inch diameter wheels from the 14-inch diameter wheels that had been standard since the 1957 model. While the rest of Chrysler's lineup adopted unibody construction, Imperial retained its body on frame construction.

This 3-owner example is very clean. The original 413 Cubic inch motor and original automatic transmission are clean and in good running order. The Maroon exterior and white leather interior give this car that real nostalgic feel.. Options for this 1960 Chrysler Imperial Crown are: AC, AM Radio, Cruise Control, Steel Wheels w/Hub Caps, Power brakes, Power Steering, Power Seats, Power Windows, Seat Belts, Leather interior, and Radial White Wall Tires. The AC compressor needs to be replaced and I have a new one in box that goes with the car.

Watch the video with this link.

There is some bondo on the drivers side rear quarter. Car has also been repainted, red paint on door latches/strikers and on rear door rubber seals.

Dave

There is some bondo on the drivers side rear quarter. Car has also been repainted, red paint on door latches/strikers and on rear door rubber seals.

Dave

I agree the driver rear quarter has had work and a trim piece is missing too. Actually, though, the door latches and strikers were both painted body color in 1960 at the factory as part of the paint process. My 300F has never been painted or touched up at all, and it too is that way, as is my 1960 Imperial Crown coupe.

2017-11-03 00.57.19 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I really don't see anything that concerns me on this car. Just a small dent in the 1/4 that knocked off the trim. If the auction actually goes to the end and the seller doesn't have a shill-bidding buddy that ends up the winner, I think someone will be getting a nice deal.

This just popped up in my recommended viewing tonight. Since it was fresh in my mind, I was wondering if they would show the painted door latch, and they did right at the end.

Hey Steve.....it's good to see my old friend! The "Brown Bomber"!

I thought you would enjoy that beauty you sold me after a bunch of arm twisting! But you still have a beautiful blue one left to look at whenever you wish too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back