WANTED 1961 Dodge Armrests

Status
Not open for further replies.

FWD Look Fan

Reaction score
Contact seller
Three out of four armrests I have for my 1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer are "okay-ish," but I'm looking for four good ones. Getting two good ones would be great. Getting one good one would be OK. But four really nice ones would be ideal. I know that Chrysler used these same armrests on many models back in the 60s. I have two armrests that are not bad, one that is "sorta OK," and one rough one that I played with in an attempt to make it acceptable for a driver. I'm looking to get four acceptable replacements into the car. See the picture for the color desired, but I would consider any color in good shape. Here is a picture of the one "sorta OK" example, and one that I'm playing with to see if I can make it OK to live with in the rear seat. I have blue painters tape on it and a light touch of primer to see if underlying flaws could be hidden. Ummm... not so much.
Thanks for reading this far. Here's the picture:

armrest rehab try.jpg

FYI- Those are NOT the correct factory armrests for 1961 Dodge models.

The 1960-61 Dodges used a 2 part armrest with a plastic base and vinyl pad. Those all vinyl foam armrests are definitely from a later model.

Last edited:
I have a set of the correct 1960-61 Dodge armrests - PM Sent

SpaceWagon, thank you for this information. I would not have had a clue about what pieces and parts these 60s Darts were originally equipped with. My 1961 Pioneer isn't an all original car by any means. My 1961 has a 1964 motor, a 1968 Newport rear end, fender skirts that don't fit well, ruined seats, and a patina that isn't special enough to make anyone want to keep it as is. But the rear armrests in it as I purchased it swapped out for the front armrests without any issue. So, I figured that all four armrests all around would be the same.
I have a Frankenstein Dart, and all I want to do is get it road worthy and looking good to drive it for the next ten years. I'm looking for anyone with armrests that can go in my car -- give me a shout.
Thanks, SpaceWagon, for the info on what the real deal armrests should be. I appreciate it.

Three out of four armrests I have for my 1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer are "okay-ish," but I'm looking for four good ones. Getting two good ones would be great. Getting one good one would be OK. But four really nice ones would be ideal. I know that Chrysler used these same armrests on many models back in the 60s. I have two armrests that are not bad, one that is "sorta OK," and one rough one that I played with in an attempt to make it acceptable for a driver. I'm looking to get four acceptable replacements into the car. See the picture for the color desired, but I would consider any color in good shape. Here is a picture of the one "sorta OK" example, and one that I'm playing with to see if I can make it OK to live with in the rear seat. I have blue painters tape on it and a light touch of primer to see if underlying flaws could be hidden. Ummm... not so much.
Thanks for reading this far. Here's the picture:

View attachment 583851
Try DASHPADS FOR CHRYSLER AND GM CARS AND TRUCKS out of Wickenburg, AZ. He makes a lot of the soft goods for Mopars, look great and at a reasonable price. I purchased these items for him for my 65 SF and they are very nice. Good luck.

Mudebule, thanks for replying and thanks for the link. Much appreciated. Now, if this weather ever improves, I may just make some progress on the car!

The link for reproduction interior parts is ABC Moparts. Agree that they recover and make some really nice interior parts. In fact I have purchased from them and know Bob the owner. At this time he's not doing the correct style 1960-61 armrest pads.
Though I do believe he's making the later style ones that were pictured in the original post.

Thanks, SpaceWagon. I may just wait to see if I can get all four of the original style armrests like the ones you have. I am not in any hurry. But if I decide to go with the "later style" rests. I'll give him a shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back