For Sale 1962 Chrysler Imperial Southampton Crown Coupe with A/C, Solid & Loaded - $12000

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantflip

Old Jagoff with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
This is just too cool... it might be worth getting stabbed in my sleep to get this before the kitchen remodel...

00F0F_g9zzQKz6ebl_600x450.jpg
00303_9LiTIxMFPxg_600x450.jpg
00x0x_2cIhDgJotTG_600x450.jpg
00505_pM88039SfX_600x450.jpg
00303_iVemt2Lh94c_600x450.jpg
00909_1QEvfQko9JU_600x450.jpg
01212_kY7HibPRWI2_600x450.jpg

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/5308200730.html

1962 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL 2-DOOR SOUTHAMPTON CROWN COUPE with Factory Air Conditioning (a/c factory decal in window still intact). An amazing 99% Rust-Free Solid car throughout, including solid Cabin Floors, Trunk Floor, and solid Undercarriage. Always garaged and cared for. Excellent original Motor starts every time and runs smooth and strong. Engine compartment is correct, original, and complete. Recent new Dual-Exhaust system installed. This luxury coupe features Imperial's Push-Button Automatic TorqueFlite Transmission and is loaded with Options, featuring rare Factory Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Power Windows, Power Antenna, and a working 6-way Power Seat. Leather and cloth Interior, all original with front seating area showing wear. Excellent four matching Whitewall tires with original stainless Imperial Hubcaps. All of the original tinted Glass is excellent. Beautiful and Exciting Space-Age Design, said to be one of Virgil Exner's most outstanding and acclaimed designs of all time. The two-door Coupe especially lends itself to the fluidity of Exner's intended pinnacle of design, somewhat lacking in the four door model. One design feature for 1962 is the gorgeous Split Front Grille with Imperial's distinctive free-standing Quad Headlights, along with the stylish and unique free-standing Tail Lamps for 1962. The Finish & Trim on this car is Outstanding - the original Chrome is of a very high grade, and remains brilliant. The original factory quality Fit on this Imperial remains undisturbed, and is excellent on all parts, including both Side Doors, Trunk Lid, etc., all are properly aligned, and open and shut flawlessly. Attractive Original Factory Oyster White/Red color combination,always garners many compliments whenever shown. Will need new headliner. Garage located at zip code 11377, on Long Island, NY. Please call for any further information you may need. Fantastic opportunity to own this rare 2-door A/C Southampton Coupe, a very low production model, one of only 1,010 made. Very few coupes remain. Thank you.

I don't care if he is a flipper and hiding the driver seat... this would be worth a look if it was close to what I wanted... I hope its really nice and gets a good home.

00F0F_g9zzQKz6ebl_600x450.jpg

I'd gave my... think he has use for a testicle? I have a spare...

How is it possible Stan and I are the only ones to show love for this one?

62 was the First year without Exner, so I guess it was a Transition Period.

I prefer this 60.

60-Imperial-Crown-Conv-DV-12-GG_019.jpg

Or 61.

61-Chrysler-Imperial-Crown-DV-10-RMM_01.jpg

60-Imperial-Crown-Conv-DV-12-GG_019.jpg

61-Chrysler-Imperial-Crown-DV-10-RMM_01.jpg

No friend of These tacked on bullet taillights. The 63 is the cleanest and best design of this design cycle, but prefer the earlier Forward Look models.

Its never bad to pay respects to the older generation...:sSig_thanks:

My heart still says yes, that is the ultimate Imp.
I'd rebuild it end to end and drive arround every back road in America.
I'll be Danny Thomas getting stopped by Sheriff Deputy Taylor.

When it comes to Imperials, I love them all, each design for different reasons. This one is gorgeous no question.

First 2door I've seen F/S in yeraz. '62 iz my personal fave and good color too. If I only had ah garage. Craigslist ad haz been pulled, whimper whimper

He had it on EB, offered it to me for $10k... it was hard not to bite...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back