1964 Chrysler heater push buttons

Padre4art

Reaction score
Hi everyone… Sorry to bug you again with more questions about my new old New Yorker! Some of the buttons on the heater control on the dash are not working. I got a replacement set of buttons that I would like to put in. So today I remove the three screws that hold the unit in the dash, but it won’t come all the way out for servicing. This procedure is not even mentioned in the 1964 Chrysler repair manual!

do any of you have any tips on how this is done? And I may need a replacement switch unit which goes behind the buttons underneath the dash. Looks like the plastic has deteriorated on that unit. Thank you so much for your help!

Art

Hi everyone… Sorry to bug you again with more questions about my new old New Yorker! Some of the buttons on the heater control on the dash are not working. I got a replacement set of buttons that I would like to put in. So today I remove the three screws that hold the unit in the dash, but it won’t come all the way out for servicing. This procedure is not even mentioned in the 1964 Chrysler repair manual!

do any of you have any tips on how this is done? And I may need a replacement switch unit which goes behind the buttons underneath the dash. Looks like the plastic has deteriorated on that unit. Thank you so much for your help!

Art

you have to take the instrument cluster out to get the button box out because there are two more screws on the right side holding it onto the instrument cluster.

Back