• Reasonable!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroit Iron

Reaction score
Contact seller
1964 Dodge Polara 500 383 A/T – The car is originally from Washington state. I am the third owner. The original owner drove and garaged the car until he was unable to drive. The second owner bought the car and garaged it. I have owned it since 2000. In the last 18 years I have spent my time and effort making the car mechanically sound. I wanted to built this car for modern drivability. It’s not a race car. It has plenty of power, it stops well, it handles well, is reliable and enjoyable to drive in the city and on the freeway.

Body – Being from Washington, and now in California, this is a solid rust free car. Solid cowl, solid floor pans and solid trunk floor. The original color of the car is white. The current white is a little brighter than the stock color and was on the car when I got it. When I had the engine out, I painted the engine compartment and wheels OEM 1964 Chrysler Formal Black, with the intentions of painting the car this color. The body is very straight with minor dings. I see no signs of body filler. The windshield needs to be replaced. I have a brand new Superior gas tank for the car which will be included.

Engine – The original 383 has been rebuilt. Keith Black KB162-30 Hypereutectic pistons, Lunati 60300 cam (very mild) and lifters, Cloyes true roller timing chain. Edelbrock E-street heads, aluminum water pump, aluminum water pump housing, vintage Edelbrock DP4B intake manifold, Carter 4966 carburetor, Mopar Performance electronic ignition with Jacobs coil.

Electrical – 100 amp Tuf Stuff Alternator, dual field restoration wiring harness and Interstate battery.

Exhaust – OEM HP exhaust manifolds, TTI 2 ½” exhaust with Thrush turbo mufflers.

Transmission – 1967 HP 727 (from ’67 GTX) rebuilt with a later model stock valve body and part throttle kick-down (PTK) and Gil Younger shift kit, TCI Streetfighter torque convertor, Denny’s driveshaft. The transmission downshifts on it's own and is a great performer.

Rearend – The tapered axels were replaced with stock 1969 units. Center section is currently a 1969 741 case with 2:94 gears. I have the original 1964 Sure Grip with 3:23 gears that can go with the car if you prefer those over the 2:94 set.

Brakes, Wheels and Suspension – Strange Engineering master cylinder, stock Mopar 11” disc brakes 2 ½” wide rear drums, 15”x8” steel wheels, Mickey Thompson 255/60/15 tires, Moog suspension with urethane bushings and KYB shocks. 1969 K-member (for improved sway bar design) with Addco sway bar. Hemi torsion bars, HD leaf springs and HD shackles from Just Suspension.

I have all receipts and documentation for the car. More photos available on request.

$18k obo

IMG_1688.JPG

IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1699.JPG

IMG_1700.JPG

IMG_1702.JPG

IMG_1704.JPG

That looks like a very nice, clean car and I would make a WAG that your price is reasonable based on pics and info but it's only a WAG. You should post this on FBBO. Many on here may be able to give you advice as they also have B bodies but this is 65-78 Full size forum for C-Bodies. 64 Polara was B-Body, 65-73 was C-Body.

That looks like a very nice, clean car and I would make a WAG that your price is reasonable based on pics and info but it's only a WAG. You should post this on FBBO. Many on here may be able to give you advice as they also have B bodies but this is 65-78 Full size forum for C-Bodies. 64 Polara was B-Body, 65-73 was C-Body.

Thanks for the input. Yes I advertised it on the B body forum too. I thought I'd post it here too for increased visibility. I'm actually selling it to make room for a C.

NRA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back