Listed about an hour ago in Ithaca, MI

About this vehicle​

Driven 16,000 miles

Automatic transmission

Exterior colour: Black · Interior colour: Grey

Fuel type: Petrol

Good condition

Seller's description​

Ghia limousine in long-term storage, apparent one repaint before I bought in 1998, have additional pictures unable to post, will listen to serious offers.

Seller information​

Seller details

Steve Foster
1658673976201.png

Joined Facebook in 2007

Very little info/pics unfortunately:
1964 Chrysler imperial Sedan 4D
$2,345,678
Listed about an hour ago in Ithaca, MI

About this vehicle​

Driven 16,000 miles

Automatic transmission

Exterior colour: Black · Interior colour: Grey

Fuel type: Petrol

Good condition

Seller's description​

Ghia limousine in long-term storage, apparent one repaint before I bought in 1998, have additional pictures unable to post, will listen to serious offers.

Seller information​

Seller details

Steve Foster
View attachment 546623

Joined Facebook in 2007
Damn she's sweet. Why are you wanting to move her along?

No current pics...won't send more pics...no price...gotta wonder if its a scam?

No current pics...won't send more pics...no price...gotta wonder if its a scam?
Not a scam, was waiting for the owner to give me the ok to share more pics/info. He's looking at 150K, as the car has a connection to Washington DC.
1658828910073.png

1658828932068.png

1658828967999.png
1658828950265.png

The 64-65's just don't bring money. They're incredibly difficult to restore and this one hasn't been roadworthy in a long time. I think a fully restored one MIGHT get close to 100 for a 64-65.

The 64-65's just don't bring money. They're incredibly difficult to restore and this one hasn't been roadworthy in a long time. I think a fully restored one MIGHT get close to 100 for a 64-65.
Appreciate the input, always thought collectors would trip over themselves to get their hands on one of these.

I would clean it up a little if i was seeking that kind of money.
However it is a wicked rare Ghia Limo !

Appreciate the input, always thought collectors would trip over themselves to get their hands on one of these.

IT comes with weird issues. Imperials are massive cars, add 25", even more so. Not a lot of people have trailers capable of even hauling the car due to length/weight. Makes garage parking fun. Better have a big lift to get it up in the air due to weight. All the oddities inside that make it a challenge to "restore".

I will say, driving the 63 around carlisle, I loved it. I'll be driving it quite a bit around town over the coming months. Shocking, you take a huge heavy car and make it longer and heavier and it drives like a dream. Minus the turning radius

IT comes with weird issues. Imperials are massive cars, add 25", even more so. Not a lot of people have trailers capable of even hauling the car due to length/weight. Makes garage parking fun. Better have a big lift to get it up in the air due to weight. All the oddities inside that make it a challenge to "restore".

I will say, driving the 63 around carlisle, I loved it. I'll be driving it quite a bit around town over the coming months. Shocking, you take a huge heavy car and make it longer and heavier and it drives like a dream. Minus the turning radius
Given the properties these cars were intended to reside in, space was not an issue. But even so, kudos to the limo chauffeurs who had to drive these around town.

You are exactly right.

The last sale of a '64 Ghia was for $39,200 in October last year. That was one of the 2 Universal Studios cars which was pretty decently restored in the mid 90s. It was later sold at a B-J auction for about $100k and then left to sit for 10 years or so. The car currently for sale has unfortunately suffered the same type of fate. It has considerable needs even with only 16k on the odometer.

There could be some added value due to provenance on this one, but my argument is that all Ghias have provenance due to their dual-continent coachbuilt rarity. All of the owners of these were rich and famous in some way. They had to be at $18,500 in 1964! I doubt Mr. Walker Way got too many Ghia inquiry calls at his office in New York City. This one was probably leased to the government for a minimal amount when Chrysler couldn't sell it, just so it might be seen by somebody who would have been impressed by seeing it hauling around some politico, thereby burnishing Imperial's credentials.

And at the other end of the spectrum was the '65 "Shah" car owned by the dealer in Denver, which sold for about $100k (and is now in the Pacific Northwest). It was treated to a magnificent restoration, the cost of which would be incalculable today. It was well worth the money.

The fold up seats are pretty worthless unless your'e a 5 year old in the Ghia. I can BARELY fit in mine and I'm a slender guy. They are also very weird to get out of from the back as you're sitting almost 2' behind the door. Graceful exits, not a thing. I have to charge the AC's to see if they work, praying they do as it's a wiring nightmare otherwise. Regardless, window down driving is fine by me

Back