1964 Power Brake check valve

croderique

Reaction score
My new to me 1964 Chrysler 300 convertible has a bad Power Brake Check valve. I have ordered about 6 different versions from different Flaps/ Amazon. None will fit the hole in my booster. Most are 1/2” or 5/8” or 3/4” grommets. My opening is 1 1/16” hole. I did find a Dorman 80189 that has 2 grommets, one was the right size, but I can’t figure out how to fit the other grommet, that fits the valve, so it stays in the grommet that fits the hole. Anyone have any suggestions on a part that will work?
Thanks
Chuck

The old check valve is on the bottom. The Grommet is 1- 1/16” outside, like the top left. The valve is 3/4”. The new one is a smaller valve, 1/2” which is ok but the grommet to keep it in place won’t stay in the larger grommet that fits the hole. Anyone know where I can get the larger check valve?
Thanks
Chuck

A0A45415-C802-4DC8-AF34-92B6A65E2AB3.jpeg

I finally got the correct part thanks to Milo. The engine runs better at idle but no power brakes. I’ll take it for a ride tomorrow to be sure. Chuck

I had to send the whole Power Brake Booster for rebuild. Got it back and installed. Works as new. The problem is the drum brakes. Still stops like a drum brake car. LOL

Back