WANTED 1965 300 window motors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorman makes new replacements for $40. Part# 742-300 and 301, 2 of each does both sides of the car.

The link is for a 71 Newport but Mopar used the same motors on all cars from the late 50's to the 90's. The only difference was the connector plugs and the Dormans come with all the different adapters.

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/rnb-742-301/overview/year/1971/make/chrysler/model/newport

Kevin

Which pigtail did you use? It looks like none of the pigtails will match up with the OEM connections on my '65.

Which pigtail did you use? It looks like none of the pigtails will match up with the OEM connections on my '65.

I haven't got them installed yet but if none match, just cut the plug off the dead motor so you can connect to the car harness and then splice it onto the adapter harness to connect to the motor.

This leaves the car harness unmolested. If you aren't concerned about that just cut the plug off and splice the new motor plug on.

Kevin

I haven't got them installed yet but if none match, just cut the plug off the dead motor so you can connect to the car harness and then splice it onto the adapter harness to connect to the motor.

Kevin

That's what I figured. Just have to make sure it isn't backwards before soldering.

Every replacement motor I have seen have the wires the correct color code so reverse wiring should not be an issue.

The replacements do not have the same coloring as my factory wiring. My factory wires for the motors are Purple and Green. There are no supplied pigtails with the new motors in those colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back