NOT MINE 1965 Dodge Monaco

Shazbot

Reaction score
I keep telling myself I don't need it. I think the price is a little high I have no idea on the value as its rare. Even to get it sorted and reliable without getting into the cosmetics it's going to get pricy assuming the engine is any good. Its sounds like its dry seized (hopefully) to me. Looks like an American car from what little I can see of the dash. I didn't know A/C was an option with a 4 speed.

1965 Dodge Monaco | Classic Cars | Edmonton | Kijiji
1965 Dodge Monaco, 383, 4 speed, very rare car, has power seats, power windows, Air conditioning. This is a numbers matching original car. Pictures show that it has no rust, quarters are good, solid floors and trunk. Car has been stored a long time, it ran 8 years ago when i first seen it, I recently took possession of it and it clicks when you turn the key, no idea if its the starter or a solenoid? As the pictures show this is a complete car, there is trim and extra pcs of trim and parts that come with it.
$13,500 Canadian or $10,000 US

I tried to post pictures but they will only save as a weird file that the forum won't allow

Last edited:
If that's what you want, go after it. Negotiations can bring the price down to a more favorable level.

I'll put $40-50k into my '66 no problem, it's much worse than this car is.

I keep telling myself I don't need it. I think the price is a little high I have no idea on the value as its rare. Even to get it sorted and reliable without getting into the cosmetics it's going to get pricy assuming the engine is any good. Its sounds like its dry seized (hopefully) to me. Looks like an American car from what little I can see of the dash. I didn't know A/C was an option with a 4 speed.

1965 Dodge Monaco | Classic Cars | Edmonton | Kijiji
1965 Dodge Monaco, 383, 4 speed, very rare car, has power seats, power windows, Air conditioning. This is a numbers matching original car. Pictures show that it has no rust, quarters are good, solid floors and trunk. Car has been stored a long time, it ran 8 years ago when i first seen it, I recently took possession of it and it clicks when you turn the key, no idea if its the starter or a solenoid? As the pictures show this is a complete car, there is trim and extra pcs of trim and parts that come with it.
$13,500 Canadian or $10,000 US

I tried to post pictures but they will only save as a weird file that the forum won't allow
You need it and it's just a quick trip down the road for you.:p

My buddy tells me I’m nuts and it’s only a $2500 car and not that rare in the US. I think he’s wrong but no idea on #s

I texted the guy this morning. Car sold for full price he said.

77000 original miles looks like a full load power seats, windows, A/C, Tach, console, buckets and looks like AM/FM

Last edited:
My buddy tells me I’m nuts and it’s only a $2500 car and not that rare in the US. I think he’s wrong but no idea on #s
They didn't make many full size C bodies compared to B bodies. I've heard @735 for '66 models in the US. I don't have proper confirmation, but the number was low.

I think it was a no-brainer if you truly wanted it. The fact that you dithered means that you are (wittingly or not) happy that it’s sold — that event takes the dilemma out of your hands. Doesn’t mean you won’t have regrets later, but that’s fine.

ps: I really like the ‘65 and thought about it, but you were first (and in any event I have my plate full).

Your buddy is nuts.
I agree it's more than a $2500 car, but I thought the asking price was high-ish. What would you place as a fair price? How much of that is because of the four speed alone?

I agree it's more than a $2500 car, but I thought the asking price was high-ish. What would you place as a fair price? How much of that is because of the four speed alone?
C body 4 speed by itself has to be worth 4 grand.
It looks decent in the pictures.
Then stack the options on
If I was needing another car I would have paid full price in a heartbeat.
to be perfectly honest I considered jumping on it.

I keep wanting another/different car then my current 67' Belvedere. I can't afford 2 cars so the b-body would have to go and its always a tough choice to sell. Plus I have no idea how to value a car like that I find the c body world is a tough to figure values in.

Putting a price or value on a run of the mill C body is one thing
Putting a price on a 1st year big block 4 speed monaco with AC and power options is a tottaly different thing.
Both not easy but its likle apples and oranges.
If a person just wants a project to flip then maybe 12 is to much.
But if you can do the work and it's a car that you would want to hang on to and enjoy then 12 or 12,5 is reasonable.
My unprofessional opinion

Personally I think that someone over paid for it. My 426 SW 4-speed car was/is even more rare and came with a vast supply of NOS and used parts and took a decent amount of time to sell. I received very nearly full asking price, compared to this one I would say my buyer made out WAY better.

Anyone get any screenshots? Cars are getting snapped up pretty fast around here lately. This is all I can contribute.

Screenshot_20230408-083523.png

Back