1965 frame

kellerk1603

Reaction score
Hello guys I have a 65 newport and I’d like to do a gen 3 a hemi swap, I can’t find mounts for that year frame but I can get a 66 frame, is there any issue with putting a 66 frame in a 65? Everything looks the same except for the engine mounts. Thank you!

Welcome. There's a recent thread on doing what you propose to do, but in a '66 Newport. The '65 lh frt engine mount is a 1965 item only, but I suspect it has the same frame mounts as the '66-'68s do, or a few years later. The particular thread was not more than two weeks ago. They kept the electronics for the 8-speed, too. Once you find it, you can PM the poster. Holley has kits to do the A and B-body cars, so some of that MIGHT cross-over to a C-body, possibly.

There have been other threads on doing that swap, but keeping the existing TorqueFlite, too.

Take care,
CBODY67

The 65 C Body has a unique one year driver side (only) motor mount setup. Instead of trying to describe it, see the Shumacher website that has some good illustrations of the difference. It is not a huge difference, and probably a little welding can make it work - lots easier than getting a whole new subframe.
Engine swap solutions for your classic Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth
Mark

The 65 C Body has a unique one year driver side (only) motor mount setup. Instead of trying to describe it, see the Shumacher website that has some good illustrations of the difference. It is not a huge difference, and probably a little welding can make it work - lots easier than getting a whole new subframe.
Engine swap solutions for your classic Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth
Mark
The only other difference is that column mount transmission selectors are essentaily a holdover for pushbutton shifters. If the swap retains that shifter, a column swap will fix it, since you are not using the original transmission anyway.
M

Back