1965 Imperial Crown, ebay - FL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please forgive the ignorance here, but I take it the pentastar is incorrect for that year? Or that model?

Pentastars are only ever on the passenger side lower front fender, between the wheel arch and the passenger door.

Filling over a passenger side pentastar or adding one to the driver's fender are usually signs that a car has been done by a non-Mopar person. There are exceptions, something like it removed from a pro-street car might be seen as okay.

From wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Chrysler

The Pentastar logo was placed on the lower passenger-side fender of all Chrysler products, including non-US brands, from 1963 into the 1972 model year. It was placed on the passenger-side fender so it could be viewed by passers-by, a subtle method of getting the symbol ingrained in the public's mind: a nameplate has to be read, but a symbol is quickly recognizable without reading. Thus left-hand drive cars had the Pentastar on the right fender, while right-hand drive cars had it on the left. Starting in the 1980s, hood ornaments on Chrysler-brand vehicles used a gem-like version of the pentastar to signify the brand's upscale status.

The Pentastar is 100% correct here, as it is for all 1963 - 1972 cars AND trucks - occasionally, Wiki gets things right, which is rare.

You're saying that the driver's side pentastar is correct on this Imperial???

They're both saying the emblem is ONLY on the passenger side if it's LHD.
Damn. I went through every pic and tried to nit-pic but other than a few trivial stuff, it looks NICE!

I love the interior on this one, the design is great and it has a perfect amount of 'patina' via creases in the leather for my tastes.

Predictions on what it will go for? Ballsy of them to be throwing out a $29k NADA price and going with a no-reserve auction. I'm gonna say $9,600.

the_price_is_right.jpg

PASSENGER side only!!! Chrysler never installed a driver side emblem, sorry if I was not clear in the previous post.

This car has the very rare option of aircraft type front bucket seats normally found in the Crown Coupe, and has been for sale in various venues over the last few years. I don't need another Imperial, but I would love to have that interior.

That's happened many times before with this one. The seller must have looked at one of those "price guides" to confirm that the car is worth $20k.

What's the control stalk on the column behind the turn signal lever? Looks more modern than '65 to me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back