1965 New Yorker Hardtop rear window gasket

JGC403

Reaction score
We are starting the restoration of our 1965 Chrysler New Yorker. Car has been garaged most of its life and doesn't have much rust. But we are taking it all apart to do a color change. I noticed that there are a lot of parts that are hard to come by for the C-bodies and wanted to make sure I can get the part before I damage something I can't replace. Does anyone know of a source for the rear window gasket for a Hardtop. Tried Steele Rubber Products and Kanter.

I can't help you with a source for the gasket, but as a '65 owner I can confirm that there are quite a few items that seem to be one-year-only, and a few things that were changed halfway. I'm sure one of our members will have an answer about the gasket for you soon. Have you posted pics yet?

This isn't looking good almost a week and only one reply. I emailed the company that bought out Gary Goers, maybe they will have something. I'll keep everyone updated.

I've got a '65 300 'vert and experienced the reproduction front windshield gasket from Steele Rubber wasn't even close to the original so I had to buy NOS. I think the part numbers below are correct but please double check them. I sourced my NOS gasket from Brad's NOS; www.bradsnosparts.com. Good luck!

Weatherstrip, Back Window Glass
4 Dr. Town Sedan w/ Vinyl Roof 2482579
4 Dr. New Yorker w/ Vinyl Roof 2605052
4 Dr. HT New Yorker w/o Vinyl Roof; 2 Dr. HT New Yorker 2605882

Weatherstrip, Windshield Glass
4 Dr. Station Wagon w/o Vinyl Roof; 4 Dr. Town Sedan, 4 Dr. Hardtop & Station Wagon w/ Vinyl Roof 2664568
2-4 Dr. Hardtop w/o Vinyl Roof; 2 Dr. Hardtop w/ Vinyl Roof 2664569

Last edited:
I dug up some pics showing the difference in the incorrect Steele Rubber reproduction windshield gasket vs. the correct NOS windshield gasket. What Steele Rubber called a replacement isn't even close.

Incorrect Steele Rubber gasket:
35665399971_c5ffd9fffe_b.jpg

Correct NOS gasket:
35797602085_f028cdbd53_b.jpg

Back