WANTED 1965 Plymouth Fury III Convertible Parts Needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNT65

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm looking for all new tail light assemblies, external trim, bumpers and any new bright work that would help me turn back the clock on what I have now. Everything I have now is either broken or weathered so bad light has a tough shinning through. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you all for the help!!

I'm looking for all new tail light assemblies, external trim, bumpers and any new bright work that would help me turn back the clock on what I have now. Everything I have now is either broken or weathered so bad light has a tough shinning through. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you all for the help!!
You picked a very difficult car to look for parts; 1965 Fury, C Body! Hope you enjoy the hunt because it is long and hard! Finding new tail light assemblies; not sure God could find them. There are two 65 Sport Fury's convertibles that I have been getting parts off of here in the Phoenix area and if there is anything specific you might need, let me know and I should have a good idea what there is there and occasionally I make a trip down there. I know there is some trim but they have been pretty well stripped but there is some side trim and convertible trim there but will require some work/polish. The guy that runs the salvage yard favorite comment is, "if you can find it cheaper, buy it!" I have some miscellaneous items given I am in the middle of restoring a 65 SF and know some good sources but again, 65 C Body and expensive. What costs $40 on a 55-56 Chevy is $160 on the C Body; if you can find it! Keep me in mind and send me a note. Also, the forum is a very valuable source and people provide a lot of good help and advice. Good Luck!

I have one new backup lens if that helps.
Here's the pictures.
20220705_170948.jpg
20220705_170938.jpg
20220705_170931.jpg
20220705_170908.jpg

If your bezels are OK (not too pitted) and can be refinished you may need to go that route. Laysons Restoration has a reproduction of the taillight lens but they do not include the chrome on the lens, you have to transfer yours. Vans Auto has several items for the 65 Fury/Sport Fury. I may have a few good used items available too. Best bet is to find a decent 65 Fury III four door car to use as a donor. Convertible specific parts are rare but a lot can been restored as long as your car is basically complete. Pot metal is hard to restore but there are some good options out there to get it done right since none of it is available as a repop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back